Tried searching, Help me wipe jb'ed 4s to out of the box settings.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jungiii, May 21, 2012.

1. Jungiii macrumors member

In lieu of http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1362444 where i asked if i could restore to re jb i was told there was no way about it. Thank you to the people who helped :).

I guess my next question is, what is the best way to remove the jb, and restore to factory settings so i can update to 5.1.

Would i need to use Tiny umbrella? or will doing it through itunes reset work fine?

Thanks again.

2. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

assuming you want it to be totally fresh out of the box and do not intend to jailbreak again with any of the current methods, then just connect your phone to itunes and click restore. However, doing this will almost certainly mean it could be a while before you can jailbreak again, so think carefully before you do so.

3. Jungiii thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i totally understand. Thanks, i just wanted to confirm if pluggin it in and restoring would be a safe way to restore the 4s/remove the jailbreak. thanks.

4. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

Yes, it will restore the phone to a completely blank configuration as though it were never jailbroken.

5. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

And if you want to be really sure, set up as new iPhone during restore process.

6. Jungiii thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot folks. Much appreciated :). This is all for the gf's phone. Mine will still be Jb'en.

7. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Make sure your host file points to apple and not cydia. Even on a fresh install via itunes, you'll error out if this is not done. Use tiny umbrella to do this.