Tried to Jailbreak ¡touch with Ziphone, and got screwed

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Elvebrinduil, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Elvebrinduil macrumors newbie

well heres the thing, i want to have games, and i hear that if i jailbreak i have the install icon, so i downloaded the ZiPhone software, and it was working fine but then something weird happened, and it froze, ill write evething that is on the frozen pnt

Singleuser boot -- fsck not done
    Root device is mounted ready-only

If you want to make modifications to files:
    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

Jul 26 07:13:07 Launchd[50]: can't exec/bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory

thats all that says and i cant doo anything to prevent this i press both buttons and restart ¡pod but then this appears again and again, and my ¡tunes does not recognize the ¡pod touch, i would like to know if some can help me on this one please, thansk for your help and see ya later ^_^

2. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

all i can tell u is to restore your ipod in itunes, then jailbreak again. if ur using ziphone do the following:
    1. restore ipod
    2. close out of itunes DONT SYNC ANYTHING
    3. open ZiPhone
    4. click Jailbreak and let it do its thing.

btw ive had problems with ziphone on numerous occasions where ive had to restore my ipod may times. i recommend using winpwn instead.

3. Elvebrinduil thread starter macrumors newbie

Could you tell me how to restore it?, i mean the screen stays there ¡tunes doesnt recognize it and i cant do anything, thanks for your help

4. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

this has happened to me before.what you are going to have to do is put it into restore yourself. to do this hold down the power button and home button on your ipod. your ipod will turn off automatically. keep on holding the 2 buttons. when the Apple logo appears let go of the power button but keep hold of the home button. after a few seconds you should see the Connect to iTunes logo. it will appear in itunes and click Restore. if you get an error message like i did, then you will have to download the firmware from here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=470620
    and save it to your desktop. now hold down shift and click restore and then when it asks you to select a file, choose the firmware that you downloaded and it should restore at this point. :D

5. Elvebrinduil thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for everything, i now restore it, and its jailbreaked and working fine, for those with the same problem, i restore iit like 3 times and the thirt time it jailbreaked on its own, ZiPhone its the jailbreaker software i used, thanks for the help and i hope i can see ya later here ^^ bye bye

6. Green44 macrumors newbie

i have the same problem but when i restart my ipod goes back to the same text. :(

7. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

follow the steps i mentioned above and it should work.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

9. J*man macrumors member

So ziphone has a jailbreak for 2.0 that gives you Installer?

10. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Im still 99% sure theres no installer.app for 2.0 yet.