tried to order CTO MBP15 *9* times now, should i just give up?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stefan1975, Aug 4, 2010.

1. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

[rant]

i've been trying to order a custom MBP15 HR AG by phone 9 times now with the same sales representative ..... and still he didn't get it right. I am really reaching the point where I am all fed up with the whole thing and ready to cancel it all and buy myself an asus.

All joy I had in selecting and customizing my MBP, research about the extras, reviews, youtube vids of accesoiries and type of screen have turned into frustration now. Why can't he just get it right? $$%$&*&³453

All i want is:

MBP15 base HR / AG / US-INT
    speck hardshell
    moshi clearguard
    free printer
    free ipod

this is what happened with all the orders from 11 juli until today:

#1 got wrong hardshell for 2009 MBP
    #2 got 2 hardshells
    #3 got two ipod touches
    #4 got 0 ipod touches
    #5 got glossy screen
    #6 got NL keyboard with L shaped enter key
    #7 decided i wanted the free printer after all
    #8 order wasn't visible online in my account
    #9 got glossy screen *and* NL keyboard

so now i am waiting for my tenth order confirmation, in which i hope he finally gets it all right, but i really am not looking forward to the whole thing anymore ... i just feel all fed up with the whole transaction now while it should have been the thing i awaited most eagerly all year.

i am trying to spend EUR 2000 including discount here. Am i wrong in expecting more here?

[/rant]

2. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

Why did you return the entire order when only the hard shell was wrong? I would think that you could just return that for a refund.

3. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

You've got a point there. However, I don't think you'd expect all this crap to happen on other orders though.

Why are you going through the phone rep? Just use Apple's online store. I got mine a day after the refresh that way. :cool:

4. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

+1. also, if you dont mind me asking, was it possible to order it online?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Around attempt 4 I would have ordered online. You changed your mind around try 7 so that's on you.

Stop talking and start ordering online. Really.

6. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

I don't know your specific situation, but it seems like the US keyboard is an option in the NL online store. I assumed that was your reason for ordering over the phone.

7. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

haha thats terrible good thign there computers are so damn nice >_< hehe but i would just order it online you select what you want and pay basically the same way =D

8. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well these were all orders and confirmations through the apple store, they haven't shipped the order once yet, because they couldn't get the confirmation right even once.

I ordered by phone because i wanted to ask about the student/teacher discount. Online i could get a 8% discount but the guy on the phone could offer me a 12% discount, which was interesting enough for me to *not* order online.

the confirmations always just say "custom mbp" so i have to wait for at least a day (and the weekend often) before I can track the order online and verify the customisations (HR AG and US keyboard).

So each call, e-mail, order confirmation takes at least a day, i have been called back at work more then my boss appreciates and haven't received a single item yet.

that's why i am frustrated, fortunately i haven't paid yet either ... but i am really wondering wether or not all of this is worth it, my last laptop before my eee was a dell and with 12 hours of the purchase I had the correct pc unpacked and charging :-(

9. npropes macrumors member

You're generally better off to take the order, and the return the part of it that is incorrect after you've taken delivery. Phone ordering is notoriously hard with any company unless you have a dedicated service rep. The company I work for has a dedicated guy at Dell who we call to order systems. Its the same guy every time and we have his direct line. If you're going into a call center, then the chances of something being incorrect on your order is going to be high.

Had you taken delivery of each of the "bad" orders, and sent the whole order back, I bet you'd be getting a top tier service person calling you to see how they could help you.

There is a reason that many companies offer slightly better discounts when ordering on the phone...they will inevitably screw something up, so the discount is suppose to pay for that screw up.

10. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i wrote the guy this morning that he send me a confirmation with a glossy once again and now ... 12 hours later i still haven't heard of him :-(

i bet the next order will also be €100 more expensive again because somewhere in this mess the HR AG screen came on the confirmation for the regular price, I actually thought i caught a break at that time ... but i bet they will have noticed by order #10.

i'd get the $999 MBP13 at microcenter if i were in the US above this mess i am currently in, it would at least serve me well for a low price until the next refresh.

guess premium prices don't mean premium phone reps at least.

11. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Good point. I wish Apple offered discounts over the phone in the US though...

12. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

When 9 MBP shipments arrive at your house, feel free to send me one :D

13. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i was really glad with the extra 4% discount, the printer rebate and the ipod rebate, but if i lived in the USA i would just pick up a MBP13 or MBP15 at microcenter without those. I am almost ready to just forget the extra toys and extra 4% and go ahead and order it online with 8% discount ..... but it's their job to do this right?

I even send a list with items and product numbers on the apple site and amount of each with my last 4 e-mails i send him .... how hard can it be to put those in an order for me?

i see the envy14 i5-520 1600x900 goes for EUR1200 now at amazon. maybe i will just tell her to put it where the sun doesnt shine and get me one of those.

14. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Uh if you dont mind me asking. If you got 2 ipod touches why wouldn't you just sell one instead of returning the entire order?

15. sevimli macrumors 6502a

Because it is a loss, he is not getting them for free.

16. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Do they repeat the order back to you? I would say it once. Then ask them to repeat it. It really sounds like you need to treat them like inane children.

1 iPod touch

that's i...P...o...d...

What morons.

17. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well it's been 24 hours since my last email to the rep. I can't call them from my work and they close after 6pm and during weekends so communication is often by mail.

I thought this would be an advantage because my products, part no's, colors would be in writing so reducing the margin for error.

I think i am going to give it until noon before I tell them to stick it ... although they most likely won't miss a moments sleep over that and I'd be without my MBP ^%2345@#@#@#@#

18. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well over 50 hours later the sales-rep called me back. He had some story about the customer satisfaction getting the MBP type numbers mixed up and therefor always putting a custom/unknown/glossy/NL MBP on my order.

Now i *finally* have a correct invoice with all parts i ordered, they did change the price tot the original HR AG price though, not living up to the fact that by mistake they had put it for EUR100 less on my previous invoices, so I now i have the correct parts but at a higher price then initially. perhaps i can have them honor a previous confirmation at the lower price among the 10.

i wanted to add the apple battery charger to my order, but i really dare not change it anymore and at >EUR2000 doubt has also started seeping into my mind.

19. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I've had issues with phone orders with Apple before too but they will make good on it. Just wait until the whole order is shipped and call them back and they will make any necessary price adjustments or offer you a credit to use on the online store for your troubles.

20. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i have been doubting what to do for the past two weeks, with the order failing 9 times frustrating me to no end and the MBP15 + accesoires really topping my budget here.

I thought I give the guy one more chance with the ipd promo ending soon and wrote an email explaining my worries and the reason for not paying yet. He offered me his apologies but could not make good on the earlier price.

He did offer me to get a gift accessorie from the apple store as a consolation. So anyone have any suggestions if i should take this offer?

What would be normal to choose in a case like this? I did not get an amount or suggestion but i guess an ACD is out of the question.

My order already includes a moshi and incase so i am covered there.

The only thing i could think of is Applecare for the MBP. Would that be stretching things? It wouldn't cost them anything out of pocket, so maybe it is a good deal for them too?

any tips?

21. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

well if you cannot get the money off but get some complimentary swag, apple care is a greta thing, if you don't get it now you should get it as soon as you can, also the magic mouse is AMAZING, the blue tooth apple keyboards are amazing, the new magic track pads are amazing it depends on how you use your labtop.

i recommend the apple care and the magic mouse more then the others

22. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i cannot afford applecare myself so if i can get that as compensation that would be awesome.

we have magic mice at work and they are nice but they are too wobbly for my taste, they fly all over the place when i want to swipe on them and too tiny for 3+ finger scrolling plus really prone to cause RSI.

the trackpad is awesome, but then the MBP15 already has one of those, so why would i need another one? An ACD might be overkill as a present. i have a case and keyboard protector.

guess i will try to find out if applecare is a good compensation present. but why as soon as i can, you can get it for 364 days after purchase, right?