Tried to upgrade from 4.1 on jailbroken 3gs and now stck in recovery mode help pleas

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sandra7109, Apr 15, 2011.

1. sandra7109 macrumors member

Back again this time I tried to upgrade my jailbroken 3gs from 4.1 to 4.3 on itunes and now I am stuck on the connect to itunes screen :confused:
    I can't even power off the phone and keep getting error 1015 when trying to restore.

I have searched google but have always gotten the best walkthroughs on what to do here :) you guys are awsome.

My life is on this phone please help

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

get the phone into DFU mode and try to restore again, if that failed, try different USB port, or different computer if possible (my development 3GS always get stuck there with my MB, i need to do its restore on the hackintosh, every time)

Forgot to mentioned, make sure you got the lastest iTunes.

3. sandra7109 thread starter macrumors member

I am using windows 7 and can't get into DFU mode because the phone wont power off the screen goes black but turns on straight away when I connect to the computer :confused:

I cant seem to get the power off swipe to come up on the phone.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You don't need to turn the phone OFF, just get it on DFU more (Follow the guide a Linked you, timing is critical), keep trying, you'll get it. on DFU mode the screen stay black but iTunes can still see it.

You wont get the "power off slider" from recovery or DFU mode.

5. sandra7109 thread starter macrumors member

6. sandra7109 thread starter macrumors member

has not worked so far I may be doing something wrong so I will keep trying

7. sandra7109 thread starter macrumors member

Still no luck :( when I connect the phone to the computer it automatically turns back on with the connect to itunes screen so I hold down the power and home button until the screen goes black than I count to 10 release the power button and keep holding the home button.

The problem is I am getting the message itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode right away when I try to restore I keep getting error 1015.

I have the latest version of itunes and have tried a different computer with no luck :confused: I am desperate.

8. Shockwave78, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

i had the same problem with my iphone 4 on 4.1 when i upgraded to 4.2.1 a few weeks ago, I then had the same problem AGAIN a few days ago when i upgraded to 4.3.1..Each time it took about 3-4hrs to get my phone working again.

I did this the first time and proved it worked a few times after that again..

1. Restore with Tinyumbrellas servers running
    2. 1013 error confirms restore
    3. Phone gets stuck at Itunes screen
    4. Run Redsnow
    5. None of the options in TU work, kick out of recovery, fix recovery , ect..ect..
    6. Jailbreak with Greenpoison
    7. Then exit recovery mode(or was it fix recovery?) will work in TU and boot your phone!!

EDIT #1, after dealing with 4.3.1 and reading 4.3.2 does nothing but fix battery life I am going back to 4.2.1 now. I will let you know how the above steps work for me, pretty sure i did not forget anything :)

EDIT #2. Much less painless for some reason this time going form 4.3.1 to 4.2.1, Instead of running redsnow first i ran green poison to see if would actually work and it did! The steps i gave you the first time though should work as thats what i did originally

9. sandra7109 thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks if it works for you I would love a walkthru I am at my wits end and being in Chile doesnt help :( I cant just go out and replace this one plus all my banking info is on it :eek:

10. sandra7109 thread starter macrumors member

Still no luck is there any way to even get it back to where it was :confused: I am so pissed at myself for trying to upgrade in the first place.

11. sandra7109 thread starter macrumors member

Not sure what I am doing :eek: I dont know what a dill is or psw ? I really am in need of a walkthrough I have exhausted all my feeble efforts and feel like crying :(

Can someone please help with a walkthrough for dummies ?