Tried wp/Android, hated it. New iPhone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grassgreen, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Grassgreen, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013

Grassgreen macrumors regular

Ok, so I sold my 3Gs, it was great but getting old.
    Got a Ativ S. I lasted one day with windows phone..
    Then I got a Samsung s3 LTE, because its Samsung and supposed to be great and Android with all this choice of options and customizations etc that Android users brag about and bash the iPhone for not having.
    But Android..I just cant hack it! Its sluggish and not seamless.
    I never questioned this on my iPhone because it felt natural right out of the box.
    Maybe its just me that cant adjust to the wonderful world of Android.
    Another issue I discovered was this horrible screen banding on the s3
    After doing some forum reads I found out this is a common issue on almost all galaxy phones and not something that will go away if I get a new one.

Now Im seriously considering getting a new iphone but I hate paying so much. But its either getting a new iphone like the 4 or 4s, or an Xperia GO(just for calling and messaging)
    Whatcha think? Maybe the 4 could run iOS 7 smooth or is that wishfull thinking ?

[​IMG]

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I tried iOS 7 on my old iPhone 4, and it was so sluggish it was almost unusable.

I personally would not recommend getting anything older than a 4S. The iPhone 4 will most likely be retired from new software updates next year when iOS 8 comes. With the 4S, you're at least mostly guaranteed 2 years of updates as of right now.

3. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

if you're gonna throw around all this money on phones, just get an iPhone 5.

Also I find it hard to believe you'd want to go from a Galaxy S3 (outstanding device) to a clunky old 4 or 4s.

4. Grassgreen thread starter macrumors regular

cool, thanks for the info mate. You think the new iphone 5 is coming out soon ? Will it cost the same ?

----------

why? people was happy with the 4 when it came out. Im not throwing money away it all comes back on ebay :cool:
    But spending a cool 850$ on a iphone 5 feels like throwing money away when I could get a 4 with a great screen(the s3 screen is not that great) and serve the same purpose; message, call and listen to music.

5. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

lol go ahead and buy a 3 year old phone bruh.

6. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I find it awfully amusing that people are drawing conclusions about software in its first BETA build. iOS 7 hasn't been released yet officially, folks. By most accounts, Beta 2 for iPhone 4 has been much more usable.

Smh...

7. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Regardless of that, the iPhone 4 will likely not receive iOS 8 based on how the 3G and 3GS were discontinued from updates. Which leads to the same conclusion for the OP, that it's not a smart buy.

8. Grassgreen thread starter macrumors regular

maybe a used 5 could be the answer? Whats a reasonable price for a 16 gb in good condition ?

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I got one off Craigslist for $400. Of course YMMV.

10. iAndyPham macrumors newbie

If you want to be to run iOS 7 smoothly, consider 4S and above.

----------

If you want to be able to run iOS 7 smoothly, consider 4S and above.

11. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Personally, I think the s3 was "not the droid you're looking for." :)

I just recently switched from an iPhone 4 to a Nexus 4. Can't speak for the S3 (though I've heard nothing but good), but my N4 is blazing fast and hasn't so much as stuttered at anything I've thrown at it. I have had a few minor quibbles that've required a restart, but far less issues than I was having on iOS 6 on the iPhone 4. Personally, I would NEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEERRRR recommend an iPhone 4 to anybody now. My wife still has hers and it drives her insane everyday.

I think the iPhone 4 should've never gotten iOS 6, let alone iOS 7. My personal opinion there, but mine was fast and quite usable with 5.1.1 - it wasn't longer after the 6 "upgrade" that it became all-but a useless paperweight.

12. Grassgreen thread starter macrumors regular

13. Grassgreen thread starter macrumors regular

I got an offer to trade my s3 to an 64 gb iphone 5, should I ?

14. jcpb macrumors 6502a

This late in the iPhone release cycle? Nope.

Read up XDA-developers if you want to hack into your GS3. Also... Settings -> About phone -> Build number... tap on that 7 times.

15. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

HTC one is not sluggish a bit. Runs as smooth or smoother than the iPhone 5. Samsung 3 and 4 both have reports of stuttering and not running as fluid as the HTC . Try it,you won't look back.

16. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

But so many have looked back, smoother than the ip5 not even close.

17. rockitdog macrumors 68020

iPhone 5. I think I'd lose my mind going back to a 3.5 inch screen! I swore up and down I wouldn't get another iPhone until the screen size was modernized (as recently as today but long story short here I am with my new iPhone 5)!

I came from the ultra smooth HTC One and it had zero lag whatsoever and it still drove me nuts!