Trouble connecting to the internet at home on Macbook. Everywhere else is okay???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by crealer, Sep 29, 2009.

1. crealer macrumors newbie

I just recently bought this macbook. It apparently works everywhere else except on my home connection. I have a good feeling it probably has to do with my router.... Any suggestions?

I have also tried to restart my macbook/router. after doing both i'm still having the problem.

I will be checking the thread often. :)

Thanks!

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Have you or someone else set up security on your router so that only certain computer names or MAC Addresses are allowed to connect?

3. crealer thread starter macrumors newbie

I know my uncle was the one who set up the wireless network.. it is possible that you might be right.. how can i check?

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Have you contacted your ISP to see if they can help you with a password or something? My ISP told me the password to use to connect wirelessly. Maybe your login got messed up somehow from connecting elsewhere.(?)

Have you had a tech look at the router? I took one into Best Buy, and they checked it for free. As I expected, it needed to be replaced. I knew that going in, but was hoping for a better outcome. I'm just saying I don't think they told me it was toast just to get me to buy one from them.

5. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

it will be the router... our netgear did that but as soon as we got a new one it was perfect [​IMG] i dunno what was wrong with the netgear i think it was the way how it assigned ip address (DHCP) because sometimes it worked, othertimes it didn't [​IMG]