Trouble downloading iTunes U content under OS X (works fine in Windows)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by r0bix, Mar 9, 2011.

1. r0bix macrumors newbie

So, after using a PC for about 3 years, I've decided to come back to OS X and recently purchased a new macbook pro. Unfortunately, I've been having trouble downloading iTunes University content. A lot of lessons (for example the introduction to the Electricity and Magnetism MIT OCW lectures) can be previewed just fine, but iTunes can't successfully download them. The download will start and progress to the end, but the file never appears in my library. An ! does appear next to the lesson that I tried to download and clicking on it will say that there was a problem with the file and maybe its corrupt.

On my PC version of iTunes I can download these lessons without issue. I have attempted to take those file and copy them over to my mac, but the mac iTunes will refuse to import the files it couldn't download (lessons that I can download under OS X are imported correctly). If I use a program like handbrake to reencode the files, I can then import them into my OS X iTunes library, but this is a bit of a pain and I really wanted to decommission my PC.

Any help (even if you could just let me know if the course introduction for http://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/electricity-magnetism/id341599922 can be downloaded on your mac) would be greatly appreciated. I've searched everywhere and even went as far as reinstalling OS X, but cannot find a solution.

2. albert-mcfly macrumors newbie

same here

I have the same issue trying to download de "introduction to solid state chemistry" from MIT... any solutions?

3. mvalles macrumors newbie

Me too!

I'm in the same situation than you. Any solution?