Trouble getting lte (AT&T) on Verizon iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cnotes2019, Oct 22, 2013.

1. cnotes2019 Suspended

I called AT&T tech support. They did open a ticket for me and I should get a call back from them by 10/24 but I wanted to be sure I'm not missing anything. I had a AT&T 4s previously and had unlimited data for 4s so I had them change plan to unlimited 4g lte on iPhone before and they ordered me a nano sim (which is lte compatible). On this call tech support verified voice text and data worked on phone. It only says 4g and I get 1 to 2 bars. We couldn't get voicemail to activate and that was one reason why the ticket was made. She did verify I have lte service at my home. But she said that there were some errors during activating the new sim and one being voicemail issue. Does it sim like I'm not missing any thing ? Has any one who is using an Verizon iPhone 5s on AT&T had any issues whatsoever? Thanks for all your help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2. cnotes2019 thread starter Suspended

Update: I just tried the sim in my Verizon iPhone 5c and it gets lte so I'm assuming now it a device issue. :(

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Dumb question: Is LTE enabled in the cellular settings?

4. cnotes2019 thread starter Suspended

Yes it is enabled. My further testing got me to use my tmobile sim in the 5s and it doesn't show lte only 4g (and voicemail is working with tmobile sim) I previously used my tmobile sim in the 5c and it got lte as does the AT&T sim. So I'm lost :(.

5. unrealii macrumors newbie

Try deleting the carrier settings and see if the carrier update is triggered.

I have the vzn version on tmobile and LTE was lousy the first week or so. Not sure what I did, but its working great now.

6. cnotes2019 thread starter Suspended

How do you delete the carrier settings ? Is that done through a restore ? Thanks !