Trouble Ordering Two Phones Thru Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMonkey13, Oct 21, 2012.

1. MacMonkey13 macrumors member

I wanted to order new iPhones for my wife and I through Apple.com. However, we want to switch from ATT to Verizon. The Apple website would not let us order two subsidized phones. When I called, they said it was because I was setting up a new account with Verizon. So, the rep recommended I purchase each phone separately on its own new Verizon account and call Verizon when I get the phones to put under one shared plan.

Does this sounds like it will work? Should I have done something differently?

2. Jades macrumors 6502

I've had a similar issue from what I can remember
    Its no big deal though. Order them separately then call Verizon and merge both accounts together. The process only takes a few minutes if you get someone smart

3. imazu macrumors regular

I believe even if you are not porting to Verizon you can only place 1 order of iPhone at a time.

Attached Files:

4. fubaracing7374 macrumors member

Yeah. Even in the retail store you have to do two separate transactions.

5. MacMonkey13 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the replies. At least I know it wasn't just me. It makes no sense why you can't buy two phones for the same account.

6. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

Yes ATT does the same, Each person has to purchase separately even though they are on the same account.