Trouble with apple.com upgrade eligibility tool

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wyocowboy20145, Sep 9, 2014.

1. wyocowboy20145 macrumors newbie

For some reason, I cannot check my upgrade eligibility through the apple store. When I put in all of my information, I get this message back:

Your request couldn’t be processed.
    We’re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later.

Alternatively, when I try my wife's phone number which is on my account with all the same info except phone number, her's works just fine. We are both in the same boat as far as upgrade eligibility with AT&T. I have asked Apple and AT&T and both do not have a reason. Any help?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Keep in mind that Apple's servers are working on over load right now, my iTunes Match is not working right now.

Everyone wants to see and read about the new iPhone, their servers will be running slow for a while.

3. wyocowboy20145 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is not the issue. I have had this same issue for the last week, so unrelated to current site traffic.

4. wyocowboy20145 thread starter macrumors newbie

AT&T claims there is nothing on my account that would cause this and Apple says it is an issue with AT&T

5. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

Why not just go to your carrier's site and check?

6. wyocowboy20145 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not about being able to actually check eligibility. I have done so on AT&T and I know I am eligible. The kicker is this has to work in order to be able to order from Apple.com which is where I would prefer to order from.

7. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Just tried and I was able to check mine through Apple. I'd call ATT again