Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I'm on iPad OS 14 and iOS 14 and on both devices, my iCloud Keychain for Passwords (I'm going to settings | Passwords) are completely empty. On my iOS 14 I can't even add a password. It just is blank and when I try to add one manually it's gone. I think my keychain is screwed. On my 16" MacBook I can get my iCloud Keychain back by turning off keychain, deleting the file, rebooting the computer, and then re-enabling the keychain and all my passwords come back. But they are not showing on my iOS 14 / iPad OS 14 GM devices, and it was showing before iOS 14 / iPad OS 14. Any ideas?

Thanks

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
Keychain is working normally on iPhone and iPad. I had to redo the iPad about a week ago and had no problem with the syncing of Keychain between devices.

You may just have to give it some time to resync.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
that’s what my screen looks like and I can’t add anything. Or see any of my passwords. I’ve even signed out of icloud and back in on my iphone BC845800-3CF6-44AF-906E-BB372C45BFFE.png

Edit: even if I turn off iCloud Keychain I can’t save any passwords in that screen.

Last edited:

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I spoke with Apple for 2 hours yesterday and then they hung up on me. No resolution yet.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Yes, I set up as new. The passwords are not restoring. I need to do a clean install as battery life is awful on my partners iPhone 7.

This seems like a bug to me

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Yes, I set up as new. The passwords are not restoring. I need to do a clean install as battery life is awful on my partners iPhone 7.

This seems like a bug to me

Yeap... Been on the phone with Apple for 4 hours. Nothing yet. Also, my Watch is not unlocking my Mac.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Yeap... Been on the phone with Apple for 4 hours. Nothing yet. Also, my Watch is not unlocking my Mac.
I spoke to Apple yesterday and managed to resolve. What I had to do was sign out of Apple ID on my phone and also messages. Then connect to my MacBook and erase it from there, then restore. This downloads a whole new version of iOS 14.

Then when reinstalling, do not sign in to your Apple ID, just set up as new. Then once installed and on Home Screen sign in to your Apple ID and it should work.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I spoke to Apple yesterday and managed to resolve. What I had to do was sign out of Apple ID on my phone and also messages. Then connect to my MacBook and erase it from there, then restore. This downloads a whole new version of iOS 14.

Then when reinstalling, do not sign in to your Apple ID, just set up as new. Then once installed and on Home Screen sign in to your Apple ID and it should work.

Did not work for me. Went through that. LOL.

It's both my iPhone and iPad... I restored my iPhone from scratch, no backup. Same issue. In fact, I saw my keychain start to populate, but then it disappeared again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.