Trouble with Yahoo Mail on iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slowjd, Sep 21, 2012.

1. slowjd macrumors newbie

I cannot get Yahoo Mail to work in iPhone 5. Still works fine on my 4, but it either won't accept my password (which I'm entering correctly) or it says Yahoo Server Unavailable. Been this way for several hours. I've heard of others having the same issue. Anyone have the same issue and were able to fix it?

2. RandomGuy26 macrumors regular

Same issue, stii no fix...it's Strange that it seems to be an iPhone 5 issue and not an ios6

3. twogunz macrumors newbie

I got my yahoo account to work by removing it from the list of email accounts, closing the mail application, and then adding my Yahoo email account back in.

Hopefully that process works for some others

4. Jessay macrumors member

I did the same, and it now works.

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I have two Yahoo accounts, both were fine. But my daughter inherited my 4S and she couldn't sign in this afternoon. We forgot abut it and she just tried again and it was fine.

6. davidross macrumors newbie

yahoo mail fix !!!!

I had same problem for 3 days with my new 5c phone

BUT..........I found an app for yahoo mail and installed it, its awesome!
    I no longer use the mail tab, use my new app tab for yahoo mail. Really like the features too! Hope this helps all of you ...........

7. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

I had that problem a while back, after an App update it worked fine, not sure what caused it... You could try a complete restore, but I'm sure it is just app related...