Troubling phantom texts appearing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crazyaboutdocs, Oct 15, 2012.

1. crazyaboutdocs macrumors newbie

After an exhaustive search online, I've come up empty, which leads me here in the hopes that someone has had a similar experience and can offer advice... On two separate occasions, my iPhone 4S has constructed 2 text messages on its own. The text messages appear in my text box and are unsent. They form complete, albeit disjointed sentences, sans punctuation. Random words thrown together. Is this a possible siri glitch? While I don't use Siri often and never for texting, is it possible it may be storing random words I use or searches? Is it possible someone may have installed spyware on my phone and is able to remotely enter texts in my phone, without sending? TIA for any help/suggestions.

2. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Quite the interesting read. Will be following up for informative responses.

3. Noisemaker Guest

For one, everything in iOS is sandboxed - making "spyware" impossible with stock firmware. My bet is that you hit Siri a couple times without intending to and that composed the random texts.

4. Mac'nCheese, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012

Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

If you look on your text message screen, you will see the small mic icon. I bet you hit that by accident, and the phone recorded whatever it heard and started to type out that text message for you.

5. jer9542 macrumors member

this. (execpt mic. not mike)lol

6. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Take a screenshot of these texts. Would be helpful to get clearer information.

7. Noisemaker Guest

This is code for "We want to see the random crap that Siri thinks you say".

8. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Most likely this is the culprit. The only other thing I can think of is the iMessage bug where other people can send and receive iMessages as you - but these are sent and not drafts.

9. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I just got goosebumps! This is like something out of an Asian horror flick! Spooky!

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Really? I suggest you get a hobby!