Truly Inspiring Video, And what an amazing father.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
I just found this video on Digg, of the Hoyt Family (Rick and Dick Hoyt). i have seen and heared about them before but when i found this video my
I thought i was the MOST inspiring thing i have every seen. I nearly cried...
Please no complaing about the Christian music, i myself did not enjoy that part of the video (the backround music) but then i thought it was the video that really mattered so NO flaming that. I just wanted to see other peoples thoughs on this AMAZING video.....Man that is some WONDERFUL Dad.....:)

EDIT:Sorry about not have the link but now it is here!

LINK: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2306376850295808016&q=dick+hoyt

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
nbs2 said:
I'd be tempted to go look, but I didn't see any link...

OMG i am ssoooooo stupid, i wrote the post and forgot to put the Link......
THANKS!!!!!!!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Oh yeah...I've seen these guys on IRONMAN triathlons. Very inspiring...

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Wow. That was amazing. But, with a kid on the way, it was kind of depressing - I really hope I can be as good and dedicated to my child in the same way. Maybe inspiring would be a better word;)

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
My friend showed a video of it to me yesterday, and I read the article on it today. Truly amazing.

I've always marveled at marathon runners. How can anyone run 26.2 miles?? Then, Ironman triathletes- how can anyone run a marathon AFTER biking and swimming that far???

And now...this story is just awe-inspiring.

MultiM

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2006
TO. I've moved!
I'm such a sap! That was amazing, never heard of them and now my face is very wet and my nose is runny. I had to bookmark the video for my wife. She'll be a bigger mess than me.....

Thanks for sharing. Whnever I hear someone say they "can't" do something, I automaically convert it to "won't". It puts an interesting perspective on things in my own life as well as others. Have fun!

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
MultiM said:
I'm such a sap! That was amazing, never heard of them and now my face is very wet and my nose is runny. I had to bookmark the video for my wife. She'll be a bigger mess than me.....

Thanks for sharing. Whnever I hear someone say they "can't" do something, I automaically convert it to "won't". It puts an interesting perspective on things in my own life as well as others. Have fun!

See how much of an impact on your life these two people made, sometimes when a husband and wife have a disabled child they feel that they cant do anything special different or right, but this team proves those parents wrong, Post a replie to tell us how your wife takes it please!

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
MultiM said:

Did you show it to her yet?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
OK, wow. I can't even imagine doing something like that, and that's without carrying my son around. Truly inspiring, and what a horrible father I'm going to be in comparison with this guy. :)

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Abstract said:
OK, wow. I can't even imagine doing something like that, and that's without carrying my son around. Truly inspiring, and what a horrible father I'm going to be in comparison with this guy. :)

Dont feel to bad.......

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
I was was in tears by the time this video finished but it wasn''t until I went to their site and read their story that I realised what an enormous commitment the father had made.

I'd assumed he was into these tests of endurance and decided to integrate his son into the experience, but not only had he never competed before his first run with his son, he couldn't swim and had to learn before entering a triathlon.

That is unbelievable dedication.