Truly Unlimited Small Companies?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hillbilly181, Sep 28, 2013.

1. hillbilly181 macrumors member

Preferably that use the T-Mobile network?
    I may go T-Mobile $70/mo Unlimited but I'm wondering about smaller companies.
    Someone told me about Solivei $50/mo but it appears they throttle (although not sure). The reason I am switching from ATT is because I need truly unlimited data. Sprint is ruled out as it doesn't even have 4g (3g, lol) in many spots all over LA.

Thanks guys

2. Kemonsterr macrumors 6502

Kemonsterr

Stay with att. Everybody throttles. If you have ATTs unlimited data, keep it

3. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

Go with Tmobile my friend, you won't regret it one bit. Especially if you have great coverage in your area. They don't throttle, it's truly unlimited.

[​IMG]

4. hillbilly181 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man. How is fast is 4G, if I can't manage to get an LTE signal? Good enough for online video streams? I live in LA so it's well covered here, I just don't know anybody who has it.

You don't see it ever bump down to 3g do you? LTE is preferable, but if I can only get 4g I'm cool with that too, as long as it can stream up to speed. If it starts giving me 3g I don't want that

5. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

Well covered you're great for video streams. Plus you get 2.5 GBs for hotspot. You can spoof chrome on you PC and hotspot forever. All of this $70.

Pic is from different locations around Memphis.

[​IMG]

6. 617aircav Suspended

Tmobile service is a shot in a dark. Good in one place and terrible in another. If you travel around don't even waste your time with tmobile.

7. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

woah woah woah explain. id love to go over the 2.5gb hotspot limit on the unlimited plan. :)

8. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

If you use chrome, go to the chrome store and type "spoof". Install any of the UA spoofers and spoof your browser to iPad,android or any of the mobile browsers.

9. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

so basically hotspot connect to my laptop and then spoof as a mobile browser? lol didn't realize it was that easy haha thanks. will give that a try.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Get t-mobile only if you live in an area with good coverage. If you travel, don't think it will be that good. Stick to AT&T or Verizon if you want real coverage. I had t-mobile in North Houston and service was terrible. Dropped majority of calls. I'm not talking about somewhere in the country but Houston!!!.

11. hillbilly181 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man. Am i getting what you're saying correctly? I can use t-mobiles service to connect to my home wifi and browse through that? so it's like i'm using wifi?

12. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I had to go outside to make or receive email and calls when I was on T-Mo:eek:

13. CEmajr macrumors 601

All those smaller companies like Solavei and straight talk still throttle your "unlimited" data.

Only Tmobile and Sprint offer truly unlimited but Sprint's 3G can feel like you're always being throttled by how slow it is.

I haven't done very many speed tests lately but here are some of mine on 4G, not even LTE.

Attached Files:

14. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Just to be clear, you get 2.5GB of hotspot at LTE/4G speeds...after that, it is reduced to 2G (EDGE) speeds. Technically speaking, it is "unlimited"...as in, no limit. The data on your actual iPhone is unlimited with no throttling, ever.

Pretty good deal for $70. Remember, you can also get student discounts (10%) as well as employee discounts (up to 18%) off the $70 monthly plan. My company's is 15%.

15. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

Hotspot? Yes.

It's unlimited, I haven't ran into a limit yet. I've seen people busting 15-20GBs a month.

I usually use around 10Gbs per month.

----------

That's great and you're not on LTE.