Trump’s former doctor claims Trump dictated the glowing health letter

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, May 1, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

2. Zenithal macrumors 604

I can't remember my original thoughts on the matter, so I'll skip the snark. For anyone in the medical profession, is this something the boards will look down on?

3. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It was a joke letter then and is now, regardless of who wrote it. I don't know what to think about the alleged raid on his office, but this seems rather unimportant. However, it does seems plausible given a guy who uses an alias to act as has his own spokesperson.

Reminds me of Tony Clifton.

4. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Is there any surprise here? The language in the letter is pure Trump: "Trump would be the healthiest candidate ever to run for president," or something to that effect. That letter mirrored the report by the WH doctor who said that this marginally obese individual who eats junk food all day and doesn't exercise is in "excellent health."

Trump is just an habitual, pathological liar.

5. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

Yikes. What a loon! Also, "I didn't write that" and "I just made it up as I went along" don't go very well together.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

8. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Well, I suppose it’s not abornormal for someone to write a letter and have the doctor sign off on it- assuming he agrees with the content. I’m not sure what basis the doctor would have for judging that Trump is the healthiest candidate ever. Sounds like a bit of hyperbole, speculation at best. I don’t really think this really could lead to any licensing discapline, doctors are entitled to their opinions- even if they are crazy (and there are A LOT of crazy doctors out there). If you pay the right doctor enough money, you can basically get them to do whatever, sad as it is.

I think this is all unraveling due to an apparent feud between Trump and his Doc. Apparently the doc revealed that Trump took Propecia (hair loss drug) without Trump’s consent- which is a HIPAA violation (and something that could lead to disciplinary action and charges). As a result Trump’s security apparently raided Bornstien’s office and confiscated Trump’s records. This now seems to be a retaliation with Bornstien revealing he lied about the letter (but also further discredits himself in the process :confused:).

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

That in itself seems like a law or two might have been broken.

10. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Why did you post two pictures of the same man? I was unaware that Trump had a sleeve tattoo.

11. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Maybe it's his temp tattoo for when he hits up the clubs.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

You know, if the is one thing the United States still does better than any place else on earth it's this: ********.

Now, don't get me wrong. We have fantastic universities. We have world-beating tech firms. The best aerospace industry in the world. Incredible artists. And a pretty darn good legal system.

But the one area where we kick pretty much every other country on earth it's this: ********.

You want to sell something, from a 5,000 sq. ft McMansion to a bottle of OTC energy supplements, America's marketing weasels can come up with exaggerated, ******** hyperbole to beat the band.

So maybe there is some weird logic in Trump being President right now. Because, and I mean this pretty much 100%: Everything to do with Donald Trump is ********. His hair is ********. His tan is ********. His wife, his kids, his properties, his company. All 100% Grade A American ********. And his politics. His doctors too: ********.

Think he cares a twopenny jizz about W. Virginia coalminers or Pittsburg steel makers? ********. Think he really cares about abortion, or family values, or Christianity? ********. Gun rights? ********.

Congratulations Trump voters. You bought yourself a 100% ******** President.

And you got what you deserve, because you are 100% ******** too.

13. millerj123 macrumors 65816

I like it. I don't understand it, but I like it!

14. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I started Trumps McDonald's diet a while back. I am now in the best shape of my life. It's fantastic, huge, the best ever....

It's interesting that just about anyone who has had contact with Trump will eventually come out with some pretty spectacular accusations or stories about Trump or his behavior. The thing is once the accusations are made public the accuser is crucified.

Apparently everyone that has ever said something negative about Trump is looking for fame or a money grab. Everyone of them....

15. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Yeah. This seems like a tit for tat of unethical/illegal actions.

16. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

17. Zenithal macrumors 604

I'm more surprised Trump isn't on TRT and is on propecia. Then again, that's just me. Though thanks for clarifying the legality of it. I see my Goldy Bat Signal projector is working just fine.

18. A.Goldberg, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018

A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Hormone replacement therapy has a lot of drawbacks, especially if just being used for cosmetic issues. If I had to guess Trump has had some follicle transplants. His hair definitely has that characteristic look.

Testosterone therapy is also more often associated with promoting hair loss. That said, the role of androgens and hair growth/loss can be complex.

19. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Women digs tattoos, so when you grab them by the ***** and see you have one, they simply faint from pure pleasure.

It is funny. Most people on this side of the pond consider your legal system to be downright crazy. US legal rulings often come up in the comedy parts of news papers here, simply because they are often so far out.

20. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

We all knew this. Bornstein has no credibility anyway.

Neither does Trump.

21. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Calling it a glowing health letter understates the pure absurdity of that letter.

"His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary. If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

If Trump wrote it, it’s just more evidence of some sort of severe narcissistic personality disorder.

22. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Bornstein is as legitimate a doctor as Trump is legitimate as a President.

In other words, both are committing malpractice in their respective vocations.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The confusing part is that when Ronny Jackson did his dog and pony show about the president's health, he stated that Donald was taking propecia for hair loss.

Was this revealed because Bornstein had already told? (Or perhaps because we all guessed.)

24. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Sarah Sanders said the taking of medical records was SOP. The doctor says it was a raid. Someone is lying.

25. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

I bet his supporters won’t think any less of him. Like another person said..... they are 100% ********.