Trump’s hypocrisy on the stock market

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

This morning once again Donald Trump touted the Dow record of 22,000. Yet last year as a candidate he kept talking about how we were in a bubble and if interest rates went up the stock market would come crashing down. He said: “We are in a big, fat ugly bubble”.

How can anyone take this clown seriously? He has no idea what he’s talking about and anything not written for him is just a word salad he vomits from his brain. It’s embarrassing.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Are you suggesting that Trump is a hypocrite? Why that's simply impossible. He's never reversed course on anything.

Oh wait... sorry... LOL - I meant he's reversed course on just about everything.

3. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Who knew the economy was complicated?

/s

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

No doubt when the inevitable downturn occurs he'll blame Obama, and those on the Left will blame Trump. Personally, I blame the teachers.

5. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

Let's look at History: Herbert Hoover elected.....sucessfull in private sector....decides
    deregulation is a great idea & proceeds with that....then says we need to protect US farmers et al and signs the Smoot Halley tariff bill, imposing big tariffs on imported goods...followed by the market crash in 1929.......Trump has done all of these things.....what is coming is not good.

6. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I recall a time in the PRSI forum where people used to defend Trump on a regular basis for this sort of thing. Wonder what happened to them all?

7. kobalap macrumors 6502

Yeah, where are all the Trump nut-huggers recently?