Trump’s National Political Director Leaves Campaign

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003

Jim Murphy, Donald Trump’s national political director, who joined the campaign in June, has announced he will no longer work with Trump’s campaign.

Murphy told Politico, "I have not resigned but for personal reasons have had to take a step back from the campaign.” Murphy was enjoined to organize field programs in battleground states.

Murphy worked with Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman, as far back as Bob Dole’s 1996 presidential campaign. He worked as a senior adviser on Dole’s 1988 and 1996 presidential campaigns, and managed floor operations at three Republican conventions.

Murphy replaced Rick Wiley on the Trump campaign after Wiley abruptly left in May. Rumors were floated Wiley had clashed with Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. After Manafort left the campaign, there were rumors in late August that Murphy wanted out.

Murphy ran the RNC's Independent Expenditure campaign for the 2012 presidential cycle.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/10124/trumps-national-political-director-leaves-campaign-hank-berrien#

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Personal reason: I need to salvage a shred of my reputation and not get sucked down by the vortex. Waiting for Kellyanne Conway to break. :)
[doublepost=1477058870][/doublepost]Listening to clips this morning, Hillary's comment about what Trust sees when he looks at the Statue of Liberty was wicked, coming from a nasty woman, lol. ;)

Last edited:

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Well I doubt trump will be a good thing to have on your resume real soon.
Probably better to have Trump Campaign on your resume than Trump AnythingElse, since you know in politlics if you have some decent field experience you can always get work in a next election season. When they see you know what you're doing in whatever job you land first, you can move up. But right now if you're working in one of the gettin'-shaky Trump Empire units, you probably wish you'd launched a new career back in 2015 sometime.

It will be interesting to see how all that turns around in his business units. I mean if people stop thinking to boycott his hotels etc., over his attitude towards women. Not sure how long that kind of consumer reaction lasts. A lot of people were boycotting Nabisco awhile back for moving jobs out of the USA. Then they forget and you see boxes of Nabisco stuff in the grocery carts again. But Trump made such a spectacle of himself...