Trump’s own lawyers testified that he lies so much...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 6, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Can't make this **** up. THey testified to this under oath.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/tru...-much-they-could-only-meet-with-him-in-pairs/

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Sad. Very sad. I want Hillary to win by a landslide to send a message to that lying POS. He just lies for no apparent reason.

3. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I'm not giving him an excuse, but sometimes it appears that he just says things without meaning them...like i do this around my friends/family sometimes too. but they're used to it. like i sometimes ill say some dumb or "witty" things. but then again they all know me so its totally different.

i feel like he tries to do this but with random people and it just doesn't work. compound that on the fact that hes running for president lol. i too hope he loses in a land slide

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

I am surprised that people around him haven't told him that he can't do stuff like that anymore. He knows whatever he says will be taken to heart. You can't be a presidential candidate joking about stuff like that. You can bet that his staff has told him to stop it, but Donald only listens to Donald. I don't think anyone will be able to control him in the White House...and that's SCARY!

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I want her to win in a landslide (did I really say that?) to send a message to his racist and bigoted supporters. America will now return to some semblance of normal.

6. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

My favorite past was when they said:
    "Donald says certain things and then has a lack of memory."

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

So does Hillary.

8. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

This is what we call false equivalence.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Really don't need lawyers to confirm what we have always known ;)

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Why, because Hillary has a reason when she lies?

11. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

13. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Again, that's just false equivalence. By that logic, anyone that's ever told a white lie is as much a liar as Trump. Which makes your claim meaningless.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Let me know when lawyers testify about Hillary's lying.

But again - this isn't news. Who among us thinks Trump knows how to tell the truth?

15. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Then everyone is a liar, and the word loses all meaning.

There is a big difference between someone who lies more often than not, and someone who lies sometimes.

- Trump's assertions are mostly false or worse 70% of the time. So anything he says, he more likely to be a lie than the truth. That's a pathological liar. That's either someone who has complete disregard for the truth, or can't control themselves. Either way, that's someone that can't be trusted.
    - Clinton's assertions are most false or worse 27% of the time. That's less than most politicians. Compared to the majority of all other politicians, this is an improvement.

16. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

I trust FBI....they are the most honest organization ever. I can trust Yahoo with my emails. I am....an abomination to Politicians' eyes. God bless America. There is no such thing as illuminati. I trust the medias.

-mind control deactivated-
    -task completed-

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Everybody does.

The fact she is neck-and-neck despite it all should be even more disheartening. Or, worse, the WHY and HOW of it all. And is it not easier to blame the voters than to actually look at those compelling the voters? Or should voters be good little puppets, prompted by fear?

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

Neck and neck? WTF. She's kicking his ASSSSSS right now!

19. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Everything out of his mouth is truth to him.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The truth, for Donald Trump, is whatever makes him look like he's the best at everything and "proves" that nobody else can compare. His truth is whatever denigrates his perceived enemies. Other times the truth is fluid, changing in whatever way is necessary to get him what he wants. It is also insensitive to anyone else's feelings. And there's no guilt or sense of shame associated with it. He's not even aware (or doesn't accept) that there's anything wrong with him. Classic narcissist/sociopath.

23. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I have never really looking into the attempt to quantify lying, but it seems like a very complicated task that I'm not sure the researchers put a lot of time into sorting out.

What is a lie?
    - Spreading false information or knowingly spreading false information
    - Stating a belief or assumption vs. stating a unverifiable fact
    - Mistating a statistic (i.e. 20% of people vs 22% of people)
    - Stating a belief based off statistic unsupported by most other research
    - The gravity and of the lie- I never had sexual relations with that woman vs. I love spinach
    - Ideas that change over time, 2001: I love X he/she is great vs. 2015: X is an idiot. Lie? Fluid Opinion?

Etc etc etc. It also seems highly dependent on how much fact checking is done.