Trump’s own lawyers testified that he lies so much...

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Can't make this **** up. THey testified to this under oath.

On Tuesday, Buzzfeed published thousands of pages of court filings from three of Trump’s bankruptcies in the 1990s. Twitter user @nycsouthpaw highlighted several pages from the Trump Plaza depositions, which reveal the extraordinary steps Trump’s lawyers took to deal with his tenuous relationship with the truth.

In one document, bankruptcy attorney George Miller reveals that when meeting with Trump, “it’s always been our practice to make sure that two people are present, and we don’t have a problem with people lying.”

Miller calls Trump “an expert at interpreting things. Let’s put it that way.”

“We tried to [meet in pairs] with Donald always if we could because Donald says certain things and then has a lack of memory,” he says in the deposition.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/trumps-own-bankruptcy-lawyers-say-he-lies-so-much-they-could-only-meet-with-him-in-pairs/

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Sad. Very sad. I want Hillary to win by a landslide to send a message to that lying POS. He just lies for no apparent reason.

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
Sad. Very sad. I want Hillary to win by a landslide to send a message to that lying POS. He just lies for no apparent reason.
I'm not giving him an excuse, but sometimes it appears that he just says things without meaning them...like i do this around my friends/family sometimes too. but they're used to it. like i sometimes ill say some dumb or "witty" things. but then again they all know me so its totally different.

i feel like he tries to do this but with random people and it just doesn't work. compound that on the fact that hes running for president lol. i too hope he loses in a land slide

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
I'm not giving him an excuse, but sometimes it appears that he just says things without meaning them...like i do this around my friends/family sometimes too. but they're used to it. like i sometimes ill say some dumb or "witty" things. but then again they all know me so its totally different.

i feel like he tries to do this but with random people and it just doesn't work. compound that on the fact that hes running for president lol. i too hope he loses in a land slide
I am surprised that people around him haven't told him that he can't do stuff like that anymore. He knows whatever he says will be taken to heart. You can't be a presidential candidate joking about stuff like that. You can bet that his staff has told him to stop it, but Donald only listens to Donald. I don't think anyone will be able to control him in the White House...and that's SCARY!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
I want her to win in a landslide (did I really say that?) to send a message to his racist and bigoted supporters. America will now return to some semblance of normal.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
Lying less is still a liar.
Then everyone is a liar, and the word loses all meaning.

There is a big difference between someone who lies more often than not, and someone who lies sometimes.

- Trump's assertions are mostly false or worse 70% of the time. So anything he says, he more likely to be a lie than the truth. That's a pathological liar. That's either someone who has complete disregard for the truth, or can't control themselves. Either way, that's someone that can't be trusted.
- Clinton's assertions are most false or worse 27% of the time. That's less than most politicians. Compared to the majority of all other politicians, this is an improvement.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I trust FBI....they are the most honest organization ever. I can trust Yahoo with my emails. I am....an abomination to Politicians' eyes. God bless America. There is no such thing as illuminati. I trust the medias.

-mind control deactivated-
-task completed-

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Everybody does.

The fact she is neck-and-neck despite it all should be even more disheartening. Or, worse, the WHY and HOW of it all. And is it not easier to blame the voters than to actually look at those compelling the voters? Or should voters be good little puppets, prompted by fear?

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Everybody does.

The fact she is neck-and-neck despite it all should be even more disheartening. Or, worse, the WHY and HOW of it all. And is it not easier to blame the voters than to actually look at those compelling the voters? Or should voters be good little puppets, prompted by fear?
Neck and neck? WTF. She's kicking his ASSSSSS right now!

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006

This is true. But telling someone their ass doesn't look too big is a bit different than lying to the face of the family members of the people killed in Benghazi.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
The truth, for Donald Trump, is whatever makes him look like he's the best at everything and "proves" that nobody else can compare. His truth is whatever denigrates his perceived enemies. Other times the truth is fluid, changing in whatever way is necessary to get him what he wants. It is also insensitive to anyone else's feelings. And there's no guilt or sense of shame associated with it. He's not even aware (or doesn't accept) that there's anything wrong with him. Classic narcissist/sociopath.

Reactions: IronWaffle

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
I have never really looking into the attempt to quantify lying, but it seems like a very complicated task that I'm not sure the researchers put a lot of time into sorting out.

What is a lie?
- Spreading false information or knowingly spreading false information
- Stating a belief or assumption vs. stating a unverifiable fact
- Mistating a statistic (i.e. 20% of people vs 22% of people)
- Stating a belief based off statistic unsupported by most other research
- The gravity and of the lie- I never had sexual relations with that woman vs. I love spinach
- Ideas that change over time, 2001: I love X he/she is great vs. 2015: X is an idiot. Lie? Fluid Opinion?

Etc etc etc. It also seems highly dependent on how much fact checking is done.