Trump’s tweets include spelling mistakes on purpose

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, May 22, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

So Dan Scavino and others intentionally include misspellings in Trump’s tweets because I guess they think “average” Americans think using correct spelling and punctuation is only something the elites do. It’s amazing how Team Trump basically makes fools of the MAGA crowd every day and they don’t care because they think he’s owning the liberals or media or whomever.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/na....html?event=event25&__twitter_impression=true

The hallmark of President Trump’s Twitter feed is that it sounds like him — grammatical miscues and all.

But it’s not always Trump tapping out a Tweet, even when it sounds like his voice. West Wing employees who draft proposed tweets intentionally employ suspect grammar and staccato syntax in order to mimic the president’s style, according to two people familiar with the process.

They overuse the exclamation point! They Capitalize random words for emphasis. Fragments. Loosely connected ideas. All part of a process that is not as spontaneous as Trump’s Twitter feed often appears.

Presidential speechwriters have always sought to channel their bosses’ style and cadence, but Trump’s team is blazing new ground with its approach to his favorite means of instant communication. Some staff members even relish the scoldings Trump gets from elites shocked by the Trumpian language they strive to imitate, believing that debates over presidential typos fortify the belief within his base that he has the common touch.

2. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

They're not mistakes, he's just reaching out to his poorly educated voters that he loves so much.

3. raqball macrumors 68000

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If only I hadn't dropped out of kindergarten maybe I would have been smart enough to vote for Hillary..

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

It’s amazing how these people couldn’t care less how Trump makes them look or what he really thinks of them.

5. raqball macrumors 68000

Or he continues to play his distractors for fools, lives in their head rent free and gets all that free 24/7 non-stop media coverage..

You see, people like me (kindergarten dropout and all) view this kind of attack as petty and childish...

6. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Nononono, other way.
    Youd be elected over Hilary. An ah mean it.
    --- Post Merged, May 22, 2018 ---
    Nothin like outrange to be on the supermarket rack.
    Works for Natl Enqui, Sun, n' all those other rags.

@raqball So that's why you left KinderG?
    Is your real name Stewie by chance?

7. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

So when Trump tweets about Melania getting out of the hospital and calls her Melanie that’s good because it’s owning the media or something? No what’s petty and childish is misspelling things on purpose because you think it will make those who catch it look like fools to your supporters.

The more I think about this though...I’m skeptical aides are purposely misspelling words in tweets. The weird punctuation and overall style to match Trump’s I get. But misspelling words? No, that’s Trump or his aides just being sloppy. Of course they’ll never admit it so they lie and spin it as being done on purpose to own the media or whatever.

8. raqball macrumors 68000

Of course they lie and spin... But so does every other politician walking and breathing air. Why act so surprised and outraged when Trump does it?

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I think this is probably right. This is just Trump aids leaking something to try to make the complete lack of professionalism in this White House look like a strategy.

10. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

All politicians are known to exaggerate, spin, even small lies that could be excused as not correctly remembering the facts or just forgot. Occasionally a out right lie, but rarely.

#45 has constantly made brutally obvious bold faced lies and not just never admitting to it, but actually make it out as the facts (again with all evidence as opposite). Even Nixon finally admitted to his wrong doing he though was justified.

11. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

So in essence, Drumpf doesn't make mistakes. Lol. This guy is like the Chuck Norris of morons.

12. AsherN macrumors 6502

Of all the stupid **** he does, that one doesn't even move the needle. Melania is an unusual name. I just saw that as a spell checker doing it's thing and Trump, like most of us, not proof reading before he sent.

13. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:I don't expect grammatically correct text messages. Hail, I don't even expect complete sentences in text messages. Sometimes I don't even expect complete words in text messages. Twitter is no different to me. It's all convfefe.

The only thing I find unforgivable is the use of multiple exclamation points, because--as the late Terry Pratchett was fond of noting--it's a sure sign of a deranged mind.:p:D

14. chown33 macrumors 604

The number of speting erors in this tread is atorcious. And I'm shur its intensioned.

15. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

This is not surprising from a guy who couldn't even admit "covfefe" was a typo for "coverage". He always has an excuse for everything. Crapped and pissed the bed last night? It's not incontinence, its liberal art for what I think of Hillary. Broke an ankle while golfing? Not at all, impromptu town hall meeting with doctors and nurses at the hospital!

16. samcraig macrumors P6

You've already lost this argument in another thread.

17. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I just typed Melania on my iPhone and it autocorrected to Melanie. Maybe that’s how that one happened?

18. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I'm certainly not one to chide others for typos, however, I'm also not the President communicating with millions of Americans. He should check his Tweets for spelling errors.

Better yet, he should stay off of it altogether. For his benefit. I really don't care that he tweets, especially when he exposes himself as a hypocrite, liar and fraud all of the time. I get a kick out of reading his archives.

19. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

This right here. Every politician is lying when their mouth is flapping. Trump does it and they have a melt down. He’s not one of theirs, that the only difference. That or they think the politicians they like aren’t lying which makes them ignorant.

20. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

No, it is the amount of lying that he does. To the extreme. And always to make himself look better.

21. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

Any critical commentary about Trump should be accepted, like of any person in a public office.

If that cannot be accepted, then one thing that can be termed of that behavior is 'cognitive bias, 'confirmation bias' or even 'Stockholm syndrome'. Then that takes objectivity out the window and we are playing a game of emotional attacks.

22. raqball macrumors 68000

I did?

Besides that I don't have discussions to win or lose them. If you are, and it's important to you, then rock on I suppose..

It's called having a rational and adult conversation about something and not wining or loosing...

But if you say I lost then kewl, congrats on the victory, I guess...

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Meh. You know what I meant. His lying is unprecedented and we litigated that in another thread.

24. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Since you dropped out so early, have you thought about going back? Maybe you should?

Also, covfefe!
    --- Post Merged, May 25, 2018 ---
    Coverage? I thought it meant coffee!

25. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Not surprisingly, this is what most scammers do. There was one telling people they were in deep doo doo for not showing up for jury duty and unless they got a cash card to pay the fine, the County Police would be there to arrest them. “County Police”. The scammers deliberately deliver faulty messages because the errors will clue in intelligent people to the scam, filtering them out. Because, if you are scamming people, you only want to scam the slow-witted.

Which is to say that the Kleptocrat in Chief, as one might expect, is behaving like a scam artist.