Trump’s views on Misogyny

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

2. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

He really is an utter slime ball on so many levels. However, at least he's true to himself. Unlike those hypocritical Bible-bashers who deludedly believe they deserve any respect for their warped ideas about morality.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Russia coming up dry?

Although brash he's not exactly wrong. Some girls don't like the guy who treats them right all the time.

https://coffeemeetsbagel.com/blog/index.php/dating-statistics/many-women-attracted-*******s/

4. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

But many - if not most - do.

5. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I’m not sure how I (or any man) could love someone who does not respect themselves. I suppose the only way around that is not to love and treat women like objects.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

8. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

9. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

And how would you know that exactly?

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The body language is as clear as day.

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Are you referring to the bible thumpers from the bible belt?

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Are you a profiler ?

13. Scepticalscribe, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017

Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

That sort of relationship is not about love, but - more usually - from what I have seen and read, tends to be more about power and control.

And while the sort of men who seek out this sort of relationship may desire women, they rarely actually like them, let alone respect them.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2017 ---
    I remain astounded at the fascination with deciphering the relationship that Secretary Clinton - and former President Bill Clinton had - viewed through the prism of body language - while refusing - or reluctant - to apply the same principles to Mr Trump.

Anyway, I believe that Mr Trump - at a physical level - finds women disgusting, and deeply dislikes the facts of female life (menstruation, bathroom breaks during presidential campaign debates, pregnancy) - while yet sexually desiring (a warped desire expressed as control and an exercise of power) - ownership of, and possession of, women who fall into a narrow spectrum of what might be considered attractive.

He likes the thought that other men might respond with impressed envy to the fact that his position allows him to attract women considered attractive, but does not like - actually deeply dislikes - women in the flesh, with their confusing hormones, and uncomfortable reality.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Certainly not from me. I leave that kind of gossip to other people. I just find it appalling. I found it reprensibile with the Clinton family, the Bush family, the Obama family, and now with Trump.
    I just wish a steady family to everyone.

15. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Takes two to Tango.

The Clinton's have a simliar relationship and have for decades. She's the last candidate to put up in terms of interpersonal relationship success.

16. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Can you imagine a person with that mentality raising a daughter?

17. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Okay. I agree with with you.

I despise and detest Mr Trump - and genuinely believe that he is trashing and traducing the reputation of the US world wide - but his personal relationships - as long as they are private matters, and confined to the private sphere - are his business.

However, I would make an exception for his son-in-law and daughter; they hold positions - unaccountable but influential and possibly powerful - positions within this administration and must be answerable for that. In fact, they shouldn't have been appointed in the first instance.

The usual tired, trite, and tediously predictable "blame the woman" for the state of the relationship nonsense.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2017 ---
    Unfortunately, yes, I can.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I’m a human. Reading body language isn’t totally impossible.
    The Clintons look like they are in love.

CC0404BD-DB3E-4979-9A95-A151B4253885.jpeg

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Two to Tango applies here not just selectively.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2017 ---
    You can't be that blind so I'll assume this is sarcasm.

20. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Aimed at pretty much any hypocritical evangelical who picks and chooses who they throw their warped disapproval towards.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Source?

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

And here I agree with you. They are not free from being included into the political discourse, and they are not free from criticism. They are part of the White House in an official role.
    However I won’t say that Jared doesn’t love Ivanka or similar because of body language or such. It’s their business.

23. chown33 macrumors 604

24. Eraserhead, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

https://www.salon.com/2017/05/23/melania-trump-wants-no-part-of-donald-trumps-hand-holding-efforts/
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-and-wife-melanias-awkward-handshake-667433
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2017 ---
    Your political narrative that they have a marriage of convenience is destroyed by them being in love so you’re blind to it. Mine isn’t made by them being in love. Merely them getting along OK would be enough for them not to have such a marriage.

Besides if they merely had a marriage of convenience they’d have divorced by now. Bill hasn’t got much political power anymore and women are supposed to divorce their husbands when they cheat.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It has nothing to do with having a good relationship but more about the looks drying up.