Trump: ‘I can be more presidential’ than all U.S. presidents except Lincoln

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Jul 26, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So last night Trump had an interesting comment and said that he can be more Presidential than anyone, except Lincoln. Really? When might we see that as we are still waiting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...16d2ea-7193-11e7-8c17-533c52b2f014_video.html

Delusional. Seriously how can Trump supporters support someone who says this? How is this man not in a mental institution yet?

A little perspective for comparison:

IMG_4037.JPG

At least he doesn't think he is greater that Lincoln. At least there is that. But he really thinks he is better than Ronald Reagan? More presidential than George Washington? Really? :rolleyes:

2. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I know. That line gave me a good laugh. I'm not sure what you call someone who is funny, but scary as hell at the same time, but that is Mr. Trump.

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Not surprised, this is the same man who purchased a life sized mural painting of himself, I'm surprised his head fits in the oval office.

4. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I doubt he can surpass Buchanan. At least Buchanan did not start the Civil War, he only sat by and did nothing while it started. Nero only fiddled while Rome burned around him. If it were Trump, he would be setting fire to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.

5. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

The reality distortion field he generates is more noisy but less powerful than the almighty Jobs. :D

6. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And really we should also be having a conversation about why he is even having a campaign rally in Ohio six months into his presidency where he hasn't really gotten much done. It's rather ridiculous that he uses these rallies as some sort of security blanket every time things aren't going well and he feels needy.

And then says ridiculous things like this Presidential comment on top of it.

Most Presidential? Not even close. More like least Presidential.

7. jerwin macrumors 68000

Colosseum: 70 CE--80 CE
    Nero: 54 CE -- 68 CE.

The forum, of course, dates to a much earlier period.

8. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Next thing you'll tell me is that the fiddle wasn't invented until the 16th century. So Nero fiddling while Rome burned never happened.;)

Doesn't change the fact that Trump is the most divisive leader 'Murica has been under since King George III. We got feed up with mad King George and started a revolution.

9. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Hey Comey! Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what you can do for your Trump.

10. SusanK macrumors 68000

He was in Ohio yesterday so the local FOX affiliate could televise every revolting moment on the 6:00 PM news and kill our appetite for dinner. At least we didn't eat by that time so nobody vomited.

Too bad the other two local stations can't get a decent meteoroligist.

11. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

God, I wish he would. I love the fact that he drives the lefties crazier than they already are, but please Mr. President, act like one.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

He certainly seems to be precedent-ial though. Bigly.

13. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I actually saw a guy on Trump's facebook account pledge total allegiance and loyalty to Trump this morning, not any other person, even Republican and also say he respected Putin.

Scary times we live in.

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

^ There's the sentiment that is driving down America's political system!

15. jerwin macrumors 68000

sort of like this?

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance CHECK
    • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it CHECK
    • Exaggerating your achievements and talents CHECK
    • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate CHECK
    • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people CHECK
    • Requiring constant admiration HOLY **** DOES HE.......CHECK
    • Having a sense of entitlement CHECK
    • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations CHECK
    • Taking advantage of others to get what you want CHECK
    • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others CHECK
    • Being envious of others and believing others envy you CHECK
    • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner CHECK

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The republicans problem is that when and if Trump gets ousted from office his base will follow him and not the rest of the party. That 30% of voters will swing then electorate the other way.

18. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Exactly like that. Sadly. Seeing him in front of the Boy Scouts made me shudder too. The last thing we need is a new youth brigade rising up.

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

a clown?

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Am I here to amuse you?

21. samcraig macrumors P6

He must not wanted to offend Republicans. Not many people know that it's the party of Lincoln. Did you know that. It's true. Not many people knew that.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well he does that exceptionally well.

23. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

He certainly isn't more qualified than your local dog catcher, but history will have to judge him by his actions as President.

24. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

I am of the thought his decisiveness over the transgender military service is an example of being quite presidential.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

How about his latest tweet where he essentially takes liberties with the 1A? :)