Trump: “I Hate Everyone in the White House!”

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers/amp

Let’s face it the guy never really thought he would be nominated much less win and he absolutely hates it. He’s miserable. But he would never resign because his fragile ego wouldn’t let him do so. It would be a sign that he failed at the biggest job he ever had. So we get 3 more years of someone in misery lashing out and creating controversy every day. Sigh.

2. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Hey, it may only be another 18 months if the Dems get their act together and the ACLU manage to reverse the deliberate suppression of voters by GOP-controlled legislatures.

Yeah, only 18 months.....

*sigh*

3. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

5. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Yeah, that should have been IF the Dems get their act together, really shouldn't it....

**more sighs**

6. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Maybe someone will help Trump realize he doesn't have to stay at a job he loathes. He can redefine what it means to walk away. It’s probably true that he won’t ever just “quit” but he might be helped to conclude that he can be more of a change agent from the outside than in the Oval Office, where he’s subject to being checked by the courts and the congress.

So his family, best buds and John Kelly just need to find a way for Trump to redefine what his exit means.

It could mean... “building freely on this great start, leaving behind the red tape and bottlenecks of DC. Getting on with change in a country ready to put America first every day. I’ll be there to make sure it happens because believe me, Washington is broken and this needs fixing from the outside, just like I always said. We have all seen the proof of that by now, so let’s get on with draining the swamp and Making America Great Again together!”

Well maybe that’s a little over the top but with some flags and stuff, the right lighting, some really uplifting music playing as he walks into a golden-hued hallway after his speech, it could work.

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I live in hope, but somehow I don't think it is in Trump's nature to back away.... He'll make matters worse. For everybody.

8. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

quitting would probably be too YUUUUGE a blow to his ego.......but if I remember correctly, under the 25th amendment he could actually remain president while making Pence acting president.....and later on if he wanted to, he could declare himself able to resume carrying out his presidential duties.

It would mean declaring himself unable to discharge his duties, but he could blame that on various conspiracies and obstruction by any and every body......so basically failure wouldn't be his fault :D

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

“I Hate Everyone in the White House!”

Hey. Same here.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Finally something Mango Mugabe and I can agree on.

11. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I would not at all be surprised if he held a press conference and declared he was resigning and handing over the reigns to Donald Junior. He’s the kind of guy who would believe he could do that.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

He can :) Make Jr VP, then resign :)
    He just need a way to get rid of Pence without going through the Chambers.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

14. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

They have names. You just don't know them.

15. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

"Many people" was always a favorite Trump source. Still is. However, I am usually skeptical about "multiple sources" and those kind of phrases, but it's not the news reports that cause me to believe them; it's Trump's reactions to them. There's an awkward thing about his Fake News rants and such, where he seems to fight back ten times harder at reports that I don't think most really care too much about, but when Trump lashes out at them, it seems to lend them more credibility for some reason. I've said this before, but it was especially true when he fired Comey and a lot of information started pouring out, the Don Jr. meeting, etc.. he's blasting "fake news" but also upset because stuff is leaking. However, that was in regards to an investigation. This is just filler, but he's lashing out in the same way.

At any rate, this probably isn't "fake news", but very real information coming from his own white house, and it would be asinine of the press to name their sources if true.

16. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Yeah but that's just the section 3 option of the 25th Amendment. Trump's not likely to go there. He'd probably rather be booted via section 4 and make a big deal in the media about it. "Rigged! They're the incompetents! I have the best solutions!"

But proof of his desire to leave office would then lie in his not bothering to try to claim ability to resume his presidency, which is an option open to him after an Article 25 section 4 removal has been invoked.

And... Mike Pence and the cabinet and Orrin Hatch and Paul Ryan are not likely to go for a section 4 option anyway, unless Trump gets so far off the rez as to call for nuking some unlucky target of his impulsive ire (which one can hope would not an ally, or even someplace in the USA, say the other end of Pennslyvania Avenue, or wherever NBC hangs its corporate hat). It's never been tried and the idea of removing a President over inability to serve when the proffered reason lies in the realm of mental stability or competence seems pretty dicey.

So yeah, we are most likely looking at Trump's continuation in office unless Mueller causes him to decide to resign after all. I still think the dude could just decompensate one of these days and for that reason I wish he would resign in advance of such an incident. But I don't expect it of him. We tolerate such a level of bizarre behavior from him that "decompensation" would have to be pretty severe for us even to notice it.

I don't hate everyone in the White House. I do have a short list of people I wouldn't mind seeing gone, certainly Stephen Miller, and after that mostly any lingering acolytes of Steve Bannon. Sarah Huckabee Sanders takes a lot of flak as Press Secretary, but I don't actually think she's doing a bad job. So far she seems not to be making the mistakes of say a Ron Ziegler or an Ari Fleischer. It's one thing to express the views of an administration and another to get caught up in their BS. Better to say "I'm not sure of the detail there and I'll have to get back to you on that" a hundred times per press gaggle --or even get fired for saying that-- versus confirming a lie, or knowing something and flatly denying that knowledge.

17. jerwin macrumors 68020

Consider what would happen if a president were to remain alive, in a coma, after an assassination attempt.

The 25th amendment would allow the appropriate officeholder to fulfill the duties of president, without being burdened by lingering questions of legitimacy.

18. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

You mean like Trump’s “many people say”?

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought that’s when he does most of his tweeting.

20. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

yes, I'd agree......most likely he'll continue on in office

hard to imagine he'll ever stop tweeting.......ever!

21. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Look, this is speculation on my part - but many sources have also linked this to a Cognitive Decline/change-in-behavior. It's not unusual for someone of that age to be susceptible to such...As much as I dislike Trump, if he is losing-a-step - this is a matter of concern for any sitting POTUS.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's okay, I am sure by now most in the White House hate him too, if not most of the country. I have to wonder if people (like zombie here) who always seem to ride to the defense of this horrible man, understand that. Do you guys understand how hated this man is? And I don't mean just from the left either. And on top of that other then some EOs which can simply be reversed by the next person, isn't getting anything done and is completely ineffectual. What a legacy.

His piss poor attitude and poor results would get him fired in most companies.

23. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

If he quits it will be the mother of all memes. The Biggest Quitter will never die. We'll be laughing about it until we die.

24. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

But but but RUSSIANS!

It was the RUSSIANS that interfered with the White House.

You must not be paying attention. (That's the phrase the cool kids use these days - "you aren't paying attention.")

25. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Come again? Who said "It was the RUSSIANS that interfered with the White House"? Did the Russians block a street road leading to the White House?