Trump: 1 thing you hate, 1 thing you like

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BoneDaddy, Mar 16, 2017.

1. BoneDaddy, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017

BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

We all seem to disagree on everything, but I am actually very curious as to what a lefty likes about Trump, and what a righty does not like about Trump. Policies, or just as a person.

Nobody needs to explain themselves and nobody should contest someone's likes and dislikes. Let's keep this simple PLEASE. No debates, nothing extra... Just 1 thing you hate, and one thing you like...

ABOUT TRUMP.

I'll start...

LIKE:
    I appreciate his confidence in getting done, what his voters voted him in, to accomplish.

DISLIKE:
    He needs to learn when to shut up. Even if I agree with some of what he says, when he says it, he needs to stay quiet when a response is not necessary, and leave something alone, when it's nothing to gripe about. For instance, Arnold's ratings.

How many posts before someone sits an 18 wheeler on the threads track?

EDIT: If you have nothing nice that you like about him, please just don't post.

EDIT 2: Thanks guys. This is going well and it can be educational, therapeutic, and civil. I think we may inadvertently run in to common ground with each other.

EDIT 3: Please leave any or all arrogance and antagonistic tendencies out of this thread. There are plenty of other threads to thump your chest in. This one is intended to be civil and mature.

2. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Dislike:
    The amount of lies he puts out

How easy he makes himself a target by acting like a 5 yr old spoiled brat.

3. MadeTheSwitch, Mar 16, 2017

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Like: He can at least call attention to problems. He isn't always artful about it, but he does cut to the chase and if someone is ripping us off, he'll point it out. I do believe he is right on other NATO countries paying their fair share. I do believe China takes advantage of us. And I'm glad he thinks we should invest in space. (Was happy NASA budget is less than 1% cut).

Dislike: All the endless pathological lying and made up things. Investigators to Hawaii? Lost 9/11 friends? Celebrations on rooftops? Cruz father involved in JFK assassination? Obama wiretapping Trump Tower? It's all so ridiculous, so needless, and is the exact opposite of what a President (or anyone really) should be doing. Totally takes him off message, and then his staff has to spend precious hours cleaning up and defending all the crazy crap he says when they could be putting effort into more worthwhile things. Also no one knows if they can trust what he says, including our allies. Not good.

I rather have him identify problems and be professional and competent about it, instead of sounding like a crazy uncle or immature 14 year old. Just tackle some problems without all the self-created drama and outright fabrications. It's embarrassing.

4. BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

AAAAAND the 18 wheeler showed up... 18 wheeler being ME. Cmon man, seriously. I appreciate the humor and it IS funny, but is there really NOTHING you like about him?

5. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Like:
    He can be pretty entertaining. When he mocked Marco Rubio with the water bottle, when he called CNN "fake news," all the late night Tweets, etc.

Dislike:
    His populist campaign, which exploited Americans' lowest instincts and worst tendencies.

6. Eraserhead, Mar 17, 2017

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Like: he highlighted the stagnation for ordinary Americans.
    Dislike: the incompetence.

EDIT: Great thread!

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Like: He accidentally got people involved in Civics and Politics again.
    Dislike: Almost everything else. Those who voted for him should feel especially betrayed.

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Maybe if Donald Trump got a White House dog, I could find something nice to say about hm.

But the more I think about it, Trump would manage to find some way to screw that up. He'd pick a dog that was vulgar and ostentatious. He'd give it a name that made my teeth grind. He'd boast about it so much, about how it was the greatest dog in the history of the species. That it ate out of a solid gold dog dish, and that he was selling bottles of its pee on QVC, and "donating the profits to charity". Or it was just plain mean.

So, no. I don't think I'll be contributing much to this thread. Nice try, though.

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Dislike: the Tweeting

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Like: He cuts through the political BS and calls it like it is. I support many of his policies and do feel we as a country need to focus our our people and our needs first.

Dislike: He needs to realize less is more when it comes to airing his points in public. He needs to put twitter down and realize that he doesn't own the haters a bickering fest. Just ignore them and carry one with the plan.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Like: bull in a China shop.
    Dislike: bull in a China shop.

12. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Like: The way he does not parse every statement like a typical politician.

Dislike: He has too many knee-jerk reactions. I think if he would wait a bit to react he would come off less crazy.

13. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Like:
    His Comedy contribution to the world

Dislike:
    Behaves like an extremely spoilt 2 year old

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Dislike: pretends to be religious and so moral, this from a pervert who bragged about being the only man who could watch teenage girls get undressed (really just ONE thing ;))

Like: didn't he say he wanted to get NASA working again, send people back to the moon? I like that.

15. poloponies macrumors 68030

I like to think about when he's gone.

I dislike his having conned the people who believe in him the most into thinking he gives a rat's ass about them or will actually follow through on any programs that will benefit them. He IS the swamp and is working only to further his and his contributors' interests.

16. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Like: His orange tan.

Dislike: His untrustworthy personality.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Like: His presidency lays bare that the GOP (who are currently in power, don't give me any crap about the GOP-lite we call Democrats) is nakedly a party of profits above humanity.

Dislike: He is the physical manifestation of the worst in human nature.

18. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Dislike: He lied to his own constituents about "draining the swamp"
    Like: Presidential term limits

19. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

This one is tough...I find Trump to be extremely unlike-able but let's see if I can rise to the occasion:

Like: I like the fact that he has business acumen. I really do believe he will bring back a sense of fiscal responsibility that was eroded away by the last 2 or 3 guys in office. I also like the fact that he's not a pushover. He'll stand up to people when he feels he needs to and that's very important.

Dislike: Much if what he says and does feels like one big performance. Or a con job. Or both, so he's very hard to take seriously. He seems to have no principles and I don't trust him at all in terms of being socially conservative. Has not demonstrated any compassion for...well, anyone. I think he is petty and more concerned about his own image than anything else.

Woo. Pulled it off!

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I have a new "Like". He is defunding PBS aka NPR. Very happy with this.

21. poloponies macrumors 68030

Demonstrated by what, exactly?

Warren Buffet has business acumen, Donald Trump fails as much as he succeeds (but, then again, we can't really be sure since he keeps things as opaque as possible). If his business acumen includes a fraudulent "university" and Sharper Image steaks, he's not the best role model for success.

22. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

He's likely more successful than most business men in the country.

And I don't think you read the thread guidelines.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Like: He portrays an amazing self-confidence, that I don't believe he actually possesses.

Dislike: He's a bully who doesn't listen to anyone and won't ever admit to being wrong.

24. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Like: Pushes back at the media and won't take any guff. Git 'er done attitude.
    Dislike: Responds to taunts and headlines that are beneath him. Appears to take these far too seriously.

25. poloponies macrumors 68030

Based on what?