Trump Addresses Mass Shootings [VIDEO]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 5, 2019.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Decent speech. However, the blame is a bit shifted as the speech continues. And there are moments in the speech that just seem so tone-deaf given what this POTUS has said and tweeted.

But speeches aren't going to be enough. Let's see what happens now. Let's see if Mitch gets off his hindquarters and stops refusing to bring things up for votes.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

source to what democrats have proposed and Mitch rejected.

3. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Talk is cheap from the white nationalist in chief. He can’t put that racist genie back in the bottle. It’s out for the world to see.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

5. sim667 macrumors 65816

The biggest threat to US National Security, is the president of the US currently.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

funny, the last clown was the one who ended habeaus corpus ..........

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I know it's hard for you - but stay focused. This thread is about Trump, and his response to the mass shootings.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

here you go

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Anyone who blames video games for this isn't too bright. I'm OK with expanded background checks, I believe EVERY sale should be accompanied by a background check. I'd be open to background checks being conducted for ammo purchases. Hell I'm OK with registration. If the left could tone down their rhetoric something could get done, but they can't and so even the sensible gun owners bow out when they start getting nutty.

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Wasn’t the Dayton killer an Antifa/Warren supporter?

The MSM blaming Trump is disgusting... Beto rehashing the both sides BS is using these tragedies as a last ditch attempt to save his failed political career.

Whether it’s San Bernardino and their Facebook posts, the Boston bombers or Parkland with direct FBI tips... what is it going to take to weed this evil out and have authority take action?

Maybe a new red flag law will shine a light on all the red flags already out there.

11. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Surprise Surprise...

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So who on the left do you blame for the Dayton shooting? Sanders, Warren, AOC? Lets hold everyone to the same standard.

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Or maybe, if the one common denominator among all of these mass shootings is the tools used, we should do something to restrict access to the tools.

14. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Hold on a mo,why haven't I heard about those killed in Toledo the president was referring to?

15. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

No. You just blame the president and the "tool".
    --- Post Merged, Aug 5, 2019 ---
    It was an error. He meant Dayton.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I know. All weekend my phone was blowing up from CNN, NYT, etc about the El Paso shooting and every democrats reaction to it (Dip **** Beto included). Not a whole lot regarding the Dayton shooter or any democrats reaction to it. It's hard to fathom why people have a distrust for the media.

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You're right - one and the same. The President is a Tool. :)

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

YEAH, when a perp on your end does the shooting like in Chicago and OH THEN You guys want to talk about just guns :rolleyes:

19. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

20. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

The reality is that domestic terrorism and white supremacy are on the rise and at the head of it are those supporting Trump and his crusade against dark people. I don't think blaming Trump directly is reasonable either, however, those who were already on the edge now have a president who agrees with them, he's given them a platform and they feel empowered.

Change will not happen by letting Republicans lead the charge. In fact just this morning it was reported that FBI agents are reluctant to pursue white nationalist extremists because they don't want to target Trump's base, former counter-terror officer says so until we make a change at the ballot box, this will not be addressed in the least.

If you want change, vote.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

22. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

There's nothing "cool" about the deaths of innocent people at the hands of mass shooters

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

well, you didn't get the sarcasm of that post or the irony of yours...........
    1 trump is never going to change , hence the sarcasm
    2. you want trump to "fix" himself BEFORE he fixes el Paso so maybe YOUR priorities need to be checked.......

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Well it looks like far left terrorism is on the rise as well. Someone better tell AOC and the squad to reign in the rhetoric. And the counter terror officer in that article is an abject moron, glad he's a former officer. I do get a kick out of the Washington post taking the mans opinion and running it to sound like a fact.