Trump administration lawyering up !!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Foggydog, May 28, 2017.

1. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

I have been discussing with a family relative about the top administrators starting to lawyer up.

I can see it now, all the big lawyer firms in DC having a job fair bringing in all the recent grads from Harvard, Yale, and others because they will be charging 500 an hour and will bill as many hours as they can get away with. I just read somewhere today (CNN) I think that Kushner has hired up as well.

Thoughts? Discuss......

IMG_0212.JPG

2. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I would think it's prudent for anyone to get a lawyer if he/she is the target of a federal investigation.

3. Foggydog thread starter macrumors 6502

Foggydog

I agree. I guess my question is would the lawyers try to take advantage of the administrators because this is becoming a scandal not since the likes of watergate?

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

There is an investigation with no evidence revealed thus far, with the way things have been leaking out if they had the evidence it would be out there.

I'm guessing this is going to turn into a nothing burger although I welcome the investigation.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You've already had one person who was with that administration lawyering up, as he took his counsel's advice and pleaded the 5th when subpoenaed. That says a hell of a lot, contrary to most of your side's belief.

BL.

6. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Do federal agencies often send you copies of documents regarding their ongoing investigations? If so, why are you the only one who gets to see them?

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Should we reiterate the list of Obama administration employees who pleaded out? This guy was given security clearance by the Obama administration and was barely even part of Trumps admin.
    --- Post Merged, May 28, 2017 ---
    No but it seems like the media is getting all of the insider info they need to try to sink Trump. It hasn't worked yet though.

I'm also not the one comparing this to Watergate before anything is even known though.

8. HEK Suspended

HEK

Thought he had a lawyer.....Kelly Ann ......isn't she White House council.....a lawyer.

Oh sure now he wants a mouth piece that actually can put two logical sentences together.

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Yet it is his short time associated with the Trump campaign that got him investigated. He was fired from the previous administration, who then warned the Trump campaign about their concerns & the campaign didn't listen.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-says-michael-flynn-got-security-clear/

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Deflection noted.

BL.

12. HEK, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Back to Obama again.....LMAO

The Trumpster administration has the responsibility to vet each and everyone working for them. It makes not a rodent's behind what Obama's administration did or didn't do.

But Since acorn wants to go that route, Obama himself personally warned the Donald about hiring Flynn. So on one hand you (acorn) think Obama is responsible for the poor vetting Trump's people didn't do but OBama gets no credit for warning Donald.

Goes beyond deflection......more like two faced partisanship to me. Unless ....wait a minute......could this be Russian dis information campaign. Our own intelligence agencies and congress state it is still actively going on. What if this "deflection" is really coming from Russian sources?

13. SusanK macrumors 68000

The lawyers are smart enough to get paid up front. Big fun for The Donald. Vlad will have to increase T's credit line.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

not sure if we have enough lawyers in the US to help donald out of this mess.

15. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

If Trump gets the boot anytime soon it will be a lose for establishment Democrats with Pence in office. They've had 6 months to get a clue about what is wrong with their party and they're still sprinting in the wrong direction.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yet his sec clearance wasn't revoked.... Odd

17. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I'll represent him if he puts up the Old Post Office as collateral.

18. HEK, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Yes odd indead, why didn't Trumps security people revoke it. Why after trump's AG informed White House about serious concerns did they wait over two weeks. Odd isn't it. And then fire the messenger that informed them.....double odd. Didn't do anything till it was out in the press. Almost like they wanted to hide it. Very odd in dead.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If this is all a nothing burger, it is the biggest nothing burger in history roping in literally hundreds of investigators and millions of people on both sides of the aisle.

20. niploteksi macrumors regular

I think it's highly probable that one of more forum accounts are Russian controlled :) Then there's the alt-right warriors of course.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/05/marine-le-pen-alt-right-american-trolls

On the topic, it's only natural that they would appoint lawyers to handle this. It's their right and to do otherwise would be foolish, it doesn't really matter if they are innocent or guilty. Everyone should have legal council.

21. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

Offsets the accounts controlled by MIC.

22. niploteksi macrumors regular

Motorcycle Industri Council?

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Millions? You must be hanging out with Trump too much.

24. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Than why not make that clear, in the thread starter post. Looks like just another antagonistic, bait thread...

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Weren't we told by the left not to judge when all the lefties were pleading the 5th last administration? Clintons aids, holder, Lerner? Many people during the email investigation, fast and furious investigation, Benghazi investigation, IRS investigation pleaded the 5th.
    --- Post Merged, May 29, 2017 ---
    There are a lot of those going around. Far too many belong in the wasteland