Trump and Clinton share Delaware tax 'loophole' address with 285,000 firms

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Apr 26, 2016.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

but I am guessing her supporters just don't care.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Considering both party's likely nominees have shell companies in the same building what difference should it make to Hillary or Trump supporters?

There are plenty of areas where both candidates are equally terrible, since neither is better in those areas it is best to just ignore them and focus on seeing who is better in the areas they have differences.

3. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

they are still NOT the nominees so there is still time to grow a back bone for the Hillary supporters & vote Bernie :D

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Don't care. Anyone with enough income should be doing all that they can to pay as little in taxes as they can.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Well there you go screw everyone to get yours the American way.

6. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

taxation is theft.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

So being undervalued or seeing your pay go down while the top gets more isn't theft? "You'll pay less tax but I'll gain more back" - Grace Jones, "Corporate Cannibal" (2009).

Let's discuss all sides instead of making one convenient scapegoat with a simple one-liner that accomplishes nothing despite it feelin' good.

8. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

so you agree Hillary is stealing/not paying her share like she should?

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Guess we better change the constitution then.

10. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

except the parts I like :D

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Paying fair taxes, sure. I imagine we'd love to be in the same position as big companies who get refunds on money they didn't pay into it to begin with. Thankfully, the list is few - as Elizabeth Warren was found to be incorrect in one assertion:

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/04/warren-ge-pays-no-taxes/

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

We can keep the parts about the titties.

13. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

Games of Thrones just started :D
    --- Post Merged, Apr 26, 2016 ---
    it's a big club and we are not in it, personally we should NOT have income taxes.

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I'm gonna wait for it to get 3 episodes in before I start watching it. I hate cliffhangers. :mad:

Why not? So long as it's a reasonable amount (as in it doesn't deprive anyone of their quality of life), I have no problem with it. I mean, sure. I'd like to be able to keep 100% of my paycheck. But on that same note, I like smooth roads, bridges that won't collapse underneath me when I drive over them, getting my mail, and widespread education. So it might be a worthy tradeoff.

15. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Close the loophole. I have no problems with anyone driving a bus through any loophole they can find. Any individual or group is going to exploit a tax advantage in order to keep more of their money.

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Keep dreaming, He needs to win 60% of the vote from here on out, and based on polling once todays primaries are counted that number is going to go up a lot. I think he is a better candidate than Hillary, but it's over for him. Hillary will be the nominee barring something unexpected happening from her emails, or her having a major health issue.

Exactly, it would be nice to not have taxes, but I've spent enough time in third world countries where there either are no taxes, or whatever taxes are officially on the books aren't enforced, and i really prefer the infrastructure of Western countries. I think the main problem with taxes in the US is that so much of it goes to the military that we see taxes that aren't significantly lower than Europe, but we see significantly less services back for what we pay.

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The problem is the money doesn't just go for roads, bridges, and education. We have to give the Senator from Montana X number of dollars for the Montana Sheep Institute in order to grease his skids for support on a bill that is high priority for the sitting president at the time.

It's funny, some of the biggest tax avoiders are in government. Do you think it's because they have inside knowledge on how piss poor money is managed at all levels?

18. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

they also make the loopholes they get to use.