Trump Appearing in Terrorist Recruitment Video

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by APlotdevice, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/02/middleeast/al-shabaab-video-trump/

2. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

They say the best advertising is word of mouth.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Ha, the endless bombing of Brown people has created more terrorist than we can handle

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Words and messages from leading political figures have their impact around the world. Trump, with his grade school demeanor and lack of tact, would would set diplomacy back in ways that would by comparison make George W. Bush look like a wise statesman.

Ideally, this should be part of what informs those who support him about the wisdom of their choice and his ability to handle the duties of office. But it's becoming more clear that considerations like that don't matter to them. In fact, they seem to lap it up and want more.

But you can't stop him. He is free to blast through the political scene like the proverbial bull in the china shop. I'm just confused how it could appeal to anybody over 12 with any understanding of politics and the world around them.

6. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

Agreed, it shouldn't matter what party you prefer if you think this man is a good leader you need a brain transplant, as I've said before he makes Dubya a Mensa candidate.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The terrorist calling out "religious discrimination". :rolleyes:

What a complete brainwashed hypocritical idiot.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Good job, you've pointed out what effective propaganda does to a person.

Now at the first line, regardless of whether he's just talking **** to stir up the nut job base, do you understand why the charge could be levied against Trump?

If not, refer yourself to your second line in the context of the "war on terror".

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'm just saying, the pot calling the kettle black. And they actually feeding into Trump's favor than against.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I may be missing some of the conversation, but terrorists don't care. And neither should we care about what they think about a presidential campaign. If their video showed HRC, or Bernie Sanders, it wouldn't affect my support for them. So feed away. We'll figure out this campaign on our own regardless of what they think or say.

11. 617aircav Suspended

Hillary still lied that he was being used in Isis recruitment videos. No such thing exists.

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The leaders of terrorist groups actually do care, on a political level. They don't want Trump as the POTUS. By showing their radical ways and using Trump as an example of justification, they are only making Trump's statements against Muslims more solid for the ones that already side with Trump or the ones in question of whether to go with Trump.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm not plugged in enough (or intelligent enough) to know what terrorist leaders want.

All I know is that their political preferences don't matter to me when it comes to making my decision at the ballot box.

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Trump as POTUS only benefits the terrorists so I'd bet they would want him to win. Same reason al Qaida released a video to help Bush win in 2004.

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

It would benefit the terrorists in using Trump's rhetoric as justification for their actions. But they could never state that publicly, as they are selling a pitch which includes Trump as the devil himself.

16. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Why are we pretending that the use of American politicians in Jihadist videos and printed materials is something new in the world?

Furthermore, let me see if I understand...

"Trump is a bad person, now lets rape some women, bash in some Christian baby heads, and make some videos with creative ways of killing people because beheadings got boring..."

Yeah, their opinion should matter to the USA and Trump...

[​IMG]

17. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Their opinion matters to those who can be convinced to join their fight. Recruitment is something they will continue to do. Showing reasons to rise up against the West because of their public intolerance to Muslims is obviously a useful recruitment pitch. And much of that pitch came from the words of a potential US president. Everyone should care when a person on a platform that Trump finds himself shares his ignorant view of mainly peaceful people.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Well said.

19. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Obama is a democrat, and ISIS is doing incredibly well under his watch. As if they would pack up and take their ball home for anyone in office.

Mind you, Obama is incredibly good at whacking Jihadist and blowing up their stuff...

So ISIS will disband if Hillary is elected?

Good luck with their logic. The family of Ambassador Stevens might not agree with your assessment.

20. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Did you have a seperate conversation with someone else and then quoted me by mistake?

I don't think Hilary Clinton would make a good president. I also don't think she's stupid enough to give speeches directing hatred towards Muslims. Surely you see how damaging Trumps words can be when the US wants tolerance and understanding between Muslim and non Muslim Americans for the sake of making the US safer?

21. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Nonsense, she didn't lie about anything. All she said was that they were showing videos of Trump to recruit terrorists. Of course, this is almost impossible to prove or disprove but logic would dictate that at least one terrorist in the world showed a video of Trump to some other person.

22. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I think someone has to be on serious drugs to believe in any notion of peace with jihadists and has to be a sucker and a half to fall for the "Oh look, ISIS doesn't like Trump" farce being vomited on the so-called news.

23. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I don't see why you are missing the point. They need to recruit. They are given great material to aid them in recruitment by the words of Donald Trump. No-one in the entire world would think that the world comes to immediate peace if Hilary Clinton is elected President. But everyone should think that spewing hatred towards Muslims causes the problem to get bigger.

Your opinion seems very immature.

24. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Call it immature, but I will take that over delusional and naïve.

Obama has been nothing but conciliatory to the Islamic word, and ISIS tripled in size on his watch per the CIA. How's that for recruitment fodder?

You need a reality check on what you are dealing with.

On September 5, ISIS executed three Sunni women in Mosul. What was their “crime”? They refused to provide medical care to ISIS fighters.
    - On September 9, ISIS executed a Sunni Imam in western Mosul for refusing to swear loyalty to ISIS.
    - On August 2, a man from the Salah ad Din province was abducted and beheaded for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
    -On August 19, a female Muslim doctor south of Mosul was killed for organizing a protest to object to ISIS’ mandate that female doctors cover their faces with religious veils when treating patients
    -On August 31, 19 Sunni Muslim men were executed in Saadiya for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
    -On July 22, a Sunni Imam in Eastern Baquba was killed for simply denouncing ISIS.
    -On September 9, ISIS executed two Muslim women by shooting them in the back of the head. Their exact “crime” was not known.

But, but Trump...riiighhhtttt....

25. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Gotta love how some people are so sure that the outcome would have been different without Obama in office.