Trump asked intel chiefs to speak out against FBI's Russia probe: report

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, May 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

The hits just keep on coming. While the legs this thing is growing are still stubby, they are growing, nonetheless. My former senator, Coats, refusing to comment on the issue says more than a statement. If it wasn't true a simple, "No, this never happened", stops things dead in their tracks.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...intel-chiefs-to-speak-out-against-fbis-russia

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Is there any actual substance to these claims or is it more anonymous sources?

4. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Leakers took the weekend off. The Manchester attack is going to steal their spotlight tonight. I predict they take tomorrow off and then another leak Wednesday around 4:00 PM EST.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm curious....what exactly is illegal here? This doesn't seem to be classified info, thus why does the White House declare this "illegal"?

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Anything the "MSM" says is "illegal" to Trump.

7. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

What did Bernstein say?
    Follow the lies?

Anyway, its getting piled higher and deeper, too big for a sinkhole.

8. Zenithal, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017

Zenithal macrumors 68040

I'm not sure what year you were born in nor do I really care, but the fact is during my lifetime, there has never been a source that's revealed their name to the PUBLIC. They'll establish rapport using their name with the paper's editor, that's it. Do you know what happens to sources who reveal their identity to the public? They're arrested, tried for treason or revealing/selling classified data, and thrown in jail. If you have a problem with anonymous sources, then I suggest starting your own paper and going with sources willing to risk their life and livelihood in some cases, to publish their first and last name, including which alphabet soup agency they're with. Anonymous sources have been the standard going back decades if not over a century.

Though I suppose they could just move to Canada from the US, like you, or move to a non-extradition country and hope they aren't tracked down and taken out or arrested. Worst case, of course. The other being they're terminated and lose all benefits from their job, are banned from holding any other government job and likely may be asked to pay back any benefits they already received. Not to mention a criminal mark on their record.

Now, if you were a government employee who couldn't agree with the administration, would you be fine with a paper leaking your full name in all its glory, because you've got some mighty big balls you love swinging around? Or would you prefer to remain anonymous?

I rarely read the WaPo, but I found this amusing and it fits in with your silly post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-to-dupe-the-new-york-times-with-phony-leaks

They could retroactively classify something, but with this administration, they're deeming a lot to be classified when it doesn't really fill in the criteria of why it needs to be classified.

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

From what I see I'm gonna guess there's an internal coup happening as we speak.

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

And the blond creampuff still thinks he's going to be alright, because he's draining the swamp. Which at this point, I've taken to be a euphemism for his 3 AM bowl cleansing.

11. HEK Suspended

HEK

They working on it. Won't be too long before the dots are all connected. Will be plenty of sources. Even Flynn will testify and blow the whole thing wide open. He is just waiting for immunity deal per instructions from his lawyer. Boy will the Donald be pissed when Flynn rats him out.

12. LizKat, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017

LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It's said The Don regrets having fired Flynn. Guess he might get over that, eh?
    --- Post Merged, May 22, 2017 ---
    It's hard to tell. Some of the White House staff are apparently so annoyed about the anonymous leaks (and paranoid about them becuase of all their own infighting?) that a few times they've tried to float fake leaks figuring later to blast the media for printing them. But as Maggie Hagerman of the Times said, "lol no, we vet our stuff" so I guess that so far those attempts at confusion have backfired. Still it's possible that "real fake news" might emanate from various quarters of the White House as the situation deteriorates. This whole thing is one for the books, I'm glad I gave up smoking and managed to live this long to see it, even if some days I think it's gonna kill me. :eek: :D

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

This comes to mind

[​IMG] http://imgur.com/gallery/txyFV2l
    --- Post Merged, May 22, 2017 ---

Gee you would think those people would deny these stories if they weren't true. Hell one would even expect the WH to come out against them, unless of course they are true.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'm fine with anonymous sources as long as they have some actual evidence, there hasn't been any provided.
    --- Post Merged, May 23, 2017 ---
    They correctly stated that they don't comment on anonymous sources who have absolutely zero evidence of the accusation. Congress can subpoena these two if needed.

15. niploteksi macrumors regular

I say give Flynn whatever deal he wants.

What I find so funny about this whole affair is that when Trump is finally gone from the presidency the sum of all the outcome will be a much more tolerant and free Europe and North America. The spotlight will finally have been put enough on Russia to show normal people what the crazies and ignorants who thinks Russia is so great are really on about.

The upside is that the Russian trolls who pretend to be conservatives and liberals living in western societies will have employment for years and years to come.

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Given the history of lying by this administration, the stories that keep coming out of the WH regarding this story and that story that keep changning, the fact that so many of these leaks that have turned out to hold actual water and the fact that this WH calls them leaks and not lies is a testament to these leaks being true. You clearly are in denial and not accepting the reality of this **** show of an administration doesn't make it any less then what it is.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Subpoena them and get them on record then, Trump doesn't control Congress and there is already a bipartisan committee established for this sole purpose. If they lie on record it would be easier to nail them later, they aren't going to risk it.

If they don't subpoena that makes their entire story pretty ****ing flimsy.

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

In my crystal ball, I see a lot of pleading the fifth coming up.

19. samcraig macrumors P6

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

They said on TV that pleading the 5th legally does not infer guilt, but I ask how can it not infer guilt of some kind, if not what you are suspected of doing, something else?

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

22. niploteksi macrumors regular

Maybe Trump and his posse should defect ow that they are in close proximity to the Russian border?

23. mudslag, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

We have a proper investigation going on now, if something is fake, that will come out and for what is true, that will also come out. So far, many of the leaks have ended up being not only true but very damning to Trump/admin. On top of that, you have conservative media like Fox and others confirming these leaks. If they were fake, that wouldn't be happening.

--- Post Merged, May 23, 2017 ---

Trump sure thinks it's implying guilt.

24. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

So it will be doubly interesting if he ever mentions his man Flynn ever again. :oops:

25. samcraig macrumors P6

I am sure he will just say it was locker room talk. Hey - I wasn't asking them to do anything - I was just chatting with them....