Trump asks America a question..

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Apr 15, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Let Me Ask America a Question
    How has the ‘system’ been working out for you and your family? No wonder voters demand change.

On Saturday, April 9, Colorado had an “election” without voters. Delegates were chosen on behalf of a presidential nominee, yet the people of Colorado were not able to cast their ballots to say which nominee they preferred.

A planned vote had been canceled. And one million Republicans in Colorado were sidelined.

In recent days, something all too predictable has happened: Politicians furiously defended the system. “These are the rules,” we were told over and over again. If the “rules” can be used to block Coloradans from voting on whether they want better trade deals, or stronger borders, or an end to special-interest vote-buying in Congress—well, that’s just the system and we should embrace it.

Let me ask America a question: How has the “system” been working out for you and your family?

I, for one, am not interested in defending a system that for decades has served the interest of political parties at the expense of the people. Members of the club—the consultants, the pollsters, the politicians, the pundits and the special interests—grow rich and powerful while the American people grow poorer and more isolated.

No one forced anyone to cancel the vote in Colorado. Political insiders made a choice to cancel it. And it was the wrong choice.

Responsible leaders should be shocked by the idea that party officials can simply cancel elections in America if they don’t like what the voters may decide.

The only antidote to decades of ruinous rule by a small handful of elites is a bold infusion of popular will. On every major issue affecting this country, the people are right and the governing elite are wrong. The elites are wrong on taxes, on the size of government, on trade, on immigration, on foreign policy.

Why should we trust the people who have made every wrong decision to substitute their will for America’s will in this presidential election?

Here, I part ways with Sen. Ted Cruz.

Mr. Cruz has toured the country bragging about his voterless victory in Colorado. For a man who styles himself as a warrior against the establishment (you wouldn’t know it from his list of donors and endorsers), you’d think he would be demanding a vote for Coloradans. Instead, Mr. Cruz is celebrating their disenfranchisement.

Likewise, Mr. Cruz loudly boasts every time party insiders disenfranchise voters in a congressional district by appointing delegates who will vote the opposite of the expressed will of the people who live in that district.

That’s because Mr. Cruz has no democratic path to the nomination. He has been mathematically eliminated by the voters.

While I am self-funding, Mr. Cruz rakes in millions from special interests. Yet despite his financial advantage, Mr. Cruz has won only three primaries outside his home state and trails me by two million votes—a gap that will soon explode even wider. Mr. Cruz loses when people actually get to cast ballots. Voter disenfranchisement is not merely part of the Cruz strategy—it is the Cruz strategy.

The great irony of this campaign is that the “Washington cartel” that Mr. Cruz rails against is the very group he is relying upon in his voter-nullification scheme.

My campaign strategy is to win with the voters. Ted Cruz’s campaign strategy is to win despite them.

What we are seeing now is not a proper use of the rules, but a flagrant abuse of the rules. Delegates are supposed to reflect the decisions of voters, but the system is being rigged by party operatives with “double-agent” delegates who reject the decision of voters.

The American people can have no faith in such a system. It must be reformed.

Just as I have said that I will reform our unfair trade, immigration and economic policies that have also been rigged against Americans, so too will I work closely with the chairman of the Republican National Committee and top GOP officials to reform our election policies. Together, we will restore the faith—and the franchise—of the American people.

We must leave no doubt that voters, not donors, choose the nominee.

How have we gotten to the point where politicians defend a rigged delegate-selection process with more passion than they have ever defended America’s borders?

Perhaps it is because politicians care more about securing their private club than about securing their country.

My campaign will, of course, battle for every last delegate. We will work within the system that exists now, while fighting to have it reformed in the future. But we will do it the right way. My campaign will seek maximum transparency, maximum representation and maximum voter participation.

We will run a campaign based on empowering voters, not sidelining them.

Let us take inspiration from patriotic Colorado citizens who have banded together in protest. Let us make Colorado a rallying cry on behalf of all the forgotten people whose desperate pleas have for decades fallen on the deaf ears and closed eyes of our rulers in Washington, D.C.

The political insiders have had their way for a long time. Let 2016 be remembered as the year the American people finally got theirs.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/let-me-ask-america-a-question-1460675882

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's interesting to me that the republican voters are finally understanding that the system has been rigged. The fact that they are lining up behind someone who has used various aspects of that rigging (such as strategic bankruptcy) just because he's admitting it is....confusing to say the least.

I'll take the candidate who's been consistent on this message for 30 years.

3. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Startegic bankrupcy contracts prevents the bankers from taking everything from an investor. Sounds like you are rooting for the big banks...

Too bad the democrats still can't even understand how rigged their system is - go Hillary! But I understand your sticking with the candidate who's been consistently unemployed. :D

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's funny for a man that has admitted to rigging the system, is complaining about a supposedly "rigged" election.

5. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

and he admits it in public, at rallies, and wants to give back to the USA. A far cry better than phonies who are scripted promising for years the same old and doing the exact opposite.

6. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Yeah I really want to vote for a guy who wants to turn America into this:

[​IMG]
    (pulled from The Oatmeal)

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The comment does not mean anyone is for big banks. FYI strategic bankruptcy is a bankruptcy used as a strategy, when bankruptcy is not required, to give owners/management the advantage, not to save the company, but primarily to disenfranchise employees and entities who money is owed to.

I'm uninformed about Colorado, how can there be an election and delegates rewarded without voters? As far as a brokered convention, that is part of the rules, some would call reasonable. As I understand it, if you don't walk in the door with a 50%+ majority, the leader can be contested by the party.

8. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

A contrite trump like a little pregnant woman. You keep beliving him his story changes more often then his depends.

9. mildocjr macrumors 65816

First off, your analogy changed about as much as Trumps story, you started with a pregnant woman and ended up with depends which is almost unrelated (except for a few exceptions).

Second, why do you feel the need to degrade women to make your point?

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Islam is in the time-out chair for a little while because they've been bad recently. :)

11. thewap, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016

thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Little pregnant women? a little demeaning to women IMO...- LOL
    --- Post Merged, Apr 15, 2016 ---

SOME INFO (you won't see in the MSM news):

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Dude you call women bimbos and your lecturing me???? You really have proven what a true trump supporter looks like.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You mean like Trump?

14. mildocjr, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016

mildocjr macrumors 65816

I'm not a trump supporter, I was until he opened his mouth at the first presidential debate.

To add to this, I was all about him running for president when he started campaigning during his Roast.

15. Huntn, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

GOP scandal, besides like the sound of that ;), I'll admit that this certainly sounds is a scandal. It sounds like people were voting for delegates for candidates, not candidates themselves? I'm confused.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

To answer the original question which no one seems to have done.....The system has been working out great for me. My husband and I are in much better shape financially then we were in 2008/9, we have access to decent healthcare that we did not have before, and we have seen equal rights become the law of the land. And got married in response to that. So yeah, the system is fantastic and it will be even better if it actually manages to stop Trump in his tracks. :)

17. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I'm glad that you two are doing great, but the fact still remains that the crash of the economy was due to lenders providing risky loans to people who would never be able to pay them back.

Once the change to the system was made, which even Trump could have done, we'd all be doing much better right now. I'm not defending Trump, I'm simply stating that the problems that led up to the problems we faced were not due to a president, Bush's war on terrorism (to him must have been that pretzel) was not the cause of the crash, it was something that happened within the economy. The only way to really blame the government for it would be to say that the practice went unregulated for too long. As for the fix, well it was regulation and any president, bad or good, could have done it.

18. VulchR, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

OP: I understand your frustration. However, why on earth would you support any GOP candidate? Perhaps free trade has cost jobs in the US, but the Republicans' 'let them eat cake' attitude has removed any safety net that would help the average person weather the 2007 financial storm. Indeed, the deregulation of the banks by the GOP caused the storm (and they will keep happening until sanity prevails). The GOP's main mouthpiece, FOX, which is owned by an immigrant more dangerous than any Syrian child or woman refugee, does it's best to keep white people and black people at each other's throats. Divide and conquer: a tactic that is as old as ruling elites have been in power. I despair that so many on the US (of all races, of all political leanings) fall for it.

FWIW I like Kasich, for it sounds at least like he gets the safety net part.

19. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I thought that was all news. I see so many things in the news that keep us at each others throats that it just makes me sick. This sounds more like a conspiracy theory but somewhere my logic is coming out saying racism might not be as bad if the news just stopped putting it in everyone's face.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Sure:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/09/politics/john-kasich-get-over-it-social-security/

Kasich seems rational compared to the rest of the looney bin, but make no mistake, one party is entirely about destroying or privatizing the safety nets while the other is about inching their way to that same goal as it is the goal of their new (in the last 2 decades) paymasters.

21. mildocjr macrumors 65816

My opinion of each candidate from what I've heard and seen from them:
    Trump - probably thinks that white people are the master race and everyone else is secondary
    Cruz - has a crazy plan to get rid of most of government but will reduce taxes, I'd love to have a time machine and the ability to change history if needed just to see how this plays out.
    Kasich - seems level headed, not going for big changes, but small ones that are feasible
    Clinton - seems more interested in her own personal growth and locking in a full 8 years so her and Bill can have $800,000 a year for the rest of their lives. (400,000 a year per president)
    Sanders - might not live through his presidency, I haven't heard much bad, but haven't heard any game changers from him either

To be completely honest, Carly Fiorina was looking pretty good until she dropped out.

At this point I'm just like screw it, I'll vote for the one who gets rid of ObamaCare.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere, I just wish it was here.

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Yes, be has also said that no matter what he would not tear families apart by deportations or let people die in the streets. In comparison to the alternatives in the GOP, the guy is a saint.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I'm wondering what Unisex Internet Explorer is doing in there

24. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Secretly what America has been hoping for all along. Someone normal. In the past it's felt like picking the brightest peanut in the turd.

25. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    ...and this Baby Ruth bar was tasting so good up until just now.