Trump at CPAC - ALL Sources Should be Named

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 24, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Just watched a segment of Trump's CPAC speech. He legitimately believes that any/every source for a news article should be named. In fact he spent a decent amount of time hating on the press again in general.

Now I think that news stories should have sources and they should be verified sources. However, stating that any news story that is based on sources shouldn't require those to be named.

So - rather than debate what Trump said or believes as it relates to Trump - I'll post the question here. What is your opinion? Should an article only be allowed to be published if it includes the names of those sourced? If so - why do you think that should be the case.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Is Trump going to name the people who hacked Hilary's campaign? Or is this good for him but not anyone else as usual.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

What do you think? lol This is only for the FAKE NEWS - not the fake President.

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

What makes you think he doesn't?

6. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Whoosh...

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No Whoosh. I'm not obtuse. I ask again - what makes you think he doesn't use wiretapping?

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I doubt he will follow in the footsteps of Obama.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Hahahahahahahaha

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I agree - he's already a very unpopular President unlikely to reach the likeability that Obama had.

11. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Another Whoosh

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

'All sources should be named'? Does he mean like Putin?

In any case, sources need not be named, but anonymous sources should always be treated with healthy scepticism.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If Trump doesn't want things hidden than he should lead by example and show his taxes.

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

This coming from a guy who never needed a source when he was 'hearing things' on the campaign trail.

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I agree with Trump. No more anonymous sources. If someone wants to blow the whistle on something shady, let him take advantage of the whistle-blower protection laws.

No more sources would also put an end to administrations floating trial balloons.

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Ok - so do you agree that the White House - when they make statements should be required to name their sources?

17. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I think sources provide credibility. Even this forum has rules on providing sources to back up discussion points.

When I read an article and it says "sources close to" it immediately raises my suspicion that the article was either written by someone who just read an article and wants to feel like a reporter and write their own piece or its an opinion piece.

Anyone can be a "reporter" today. Their credibility is similar to the weather guy/gal. I would think real reporters would stand against the wannabes, they really do drag down their credibility.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I bet he's sure God looking for the source of those little Russian flags w/ his name on them that popped up at CPAC. Apparently attendees were pranked into accepting them... only looked at his name and started waving them after they sat down. LMFAO! And these are CPAC members. Wow.

SoEasyToPrankThemAtCPAC?.jpg

19. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

And when he was getting "reports" casting doubt on Obama's citizenship.

20. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Next thing you know they'll take it to the White House to celebrate. :eek:

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Too old to be impressed by commie flags, used to see them right next to guys waving American flags at rallies in Washington against the Vietnam War. Those guys are all dead by now, they were all old then. The new batch doesn't have a clue what is communism. I forgive the young their follies, since I can remember doing some dumb things when I was a kid. But, marching against that war wasn't stupid and neither is resisting Trump's plans for America.

22. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

As long as they're not intelligence assets, yes of course.

23. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Someone taking a flag to a WH rally (most likely for trolling) is a bit different then trolling CPAC attendees who didn't know the difference.

24. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

OK then make trump back his statements up with sources and facts.