Trump/Beyonce false equivalency? (NSFW, social media meme imagery, you may have already seen)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 17, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

[​IMG]

What people on social media tend to say to defend the above meme:

"A boast is a boast, both Trump and Beyonce could act more civilized." and/or "Never lead people on, or blame them if they believed what you sell them."

What people on social media tend to say to refute the above meme:
    "Beyonce is just affirming her sexuality. She can do what she wants and you can't even say she has no sense of decency when selling her body to make a buck."

Bonus:

[​IMG]

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

One is performance/art and it's your choice to partake in it or not.

The other is a peek into the character of a potential president of the United States. If elected, we're all stuck with him for the next four years.

That's how I differentiate between the two. Beyoncé has far less impact on my life than the president, so I'm far more tolerant of what she chooses to do. As a general rule, the less impact your behavior has on my life, the less concerned I am about your behavior.

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It helps to get the quote right, Barack Obama is the one said the Beyonce quote.

Barack Obama was the guest of Beyonce and Jay-Z on Wednesday night. The foursome — joined by about 100 other people at Jay-Z’s 40/40 club in Manhattan — had a wildly successful evening, raising $4 million for the president’s reelection campaign.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A rational actor would not start a thread comparing an entertainer to a man-child running for President.