Trump blame game

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Oct 13, 2018.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

To Democrats, be careful for what you wish for, and be reminded on whose to blame....

2. RichardMZhlubb, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018

RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

He, like me and many others, very badly overestimated the intelligence of the American electorate. We thought that people could not possibly be foolish enough to vote for Trump. To our everlasting chagrine, we were wrong.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

I think the ones that voted for him are to blame. They elected him through the electorate. If you want to talk about some idea that Dems made him run - you'd also be mistaken given Trumps history and desire to run as early as the 80s.

But yeah - keep blaming the Dems.

4. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” ― George Carlin

5. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The dichotomy of Republicans winning and the Nation losing. :(

6. Eraserhead, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

To be fair the news coverage up to the 2016 election was pretty shocking.

Treating Clinton and Trump as equivalently bad was awful. Though to be fair that benefitted the Democratic Party before when comparing against George W Bush who was objectively pretty clean.

7. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Blame Trump all you want too, call Trump voters stupid, the problem lays with Congress and politicians in swing voting states and districts.

Last I checked Trump approval rating was about 35% higher than Congress.

Congress is charged with crafting the laws, but no one wants to give the other side an inch of what they want, or what it would take to get the bill passed.

What we are left with is a hopeless impasse on issues that need to be resolved. We allow Congress to run on the same issues over and over, or to just run against a President that is not up for election.

Meanwhile, we are left with a lot of bad law, some of them are just downright unenforceable.

The President is largely a figurehead, Congress is where the sausage is made.

8. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Come on. John Oliver isn’t the problem. If you wanted to really drive the point home one would think you’d cite the “pied piper” strategy from the Clinton campaign/DNC (which were one in the same). Those emails are real, and they point to the ignorance of the campaign in honestly believing if Trump became the nominee it was a slam dunk for Clinton.

Attached Files:

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

A very strong point.

10. hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

That's exactly what I was saying in 2008 and 2012 about the American voters voting for Obama. It's so ironic!

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

But voting for McCain and Romney would have been brilliant?

12. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I just do not understand this type of thinking. You may have objected to Obama's policy positions, but it wasn't rational to think that he was totally incompetent and corrupt. I also understand how people might agree with Trump's policy positions, but, even if you do, it isn't rational to think that he is competent and not corrupt. Before you even get to policy, basic leadership capability is the initial bar. Obama obviously passed that bar, Trump does not.

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I think I kind of do. Obama bowed to other world leaders, like some kind of lawn jockey. He was not as intent upon busting other leaders' heads as he should have been. He was too much of a wimp. And, omg, Solyndra!

14. Vanilla Ice, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018

Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Are you calling the one in the video stupid? Or Trump voters?