Trump blames everyone but himself for Flynn's demise.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Feb 15, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/...-leaks-to-news-media-in-a-twitter-flurry.html

The guy can't or wont admit that his administration is a raging dumpster fire and instead blames it on the media going it's job. It's time to put your big boy pants on Donald and realize that your cabinet picks are sinking your ship faster than you could do it yourself.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Flynn royally screws up and it's the media's, Democrats' and Hillary's fault. :rolleyes:

Trump's chutzpah is incredible.

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump is either in huge denial or he hopes that the crap he says will stick with the base and it will distract from the bigger Russia scandal.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

5. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

He is like Nixon just 10 times worse.

6. daflake macrumors 6502a

Standard politician response; it is always someone else's fault.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Another of Trump's classic traits: constantly screw up and then blame everyone else around you.

God forbid he should take responsibility for his actions.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Flynn did screw up, but the leaks are the real criminals here.

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Why was Trump not complaining about the email leaks then?

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't know. I'm not his brain.

11. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Deflection sticky noted.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Which is the reason I don't understand why people want to work for him. Don't they understand they are just being set up to be fall guys later on?

I gotta love him talking about how "unfair" the media has been to Flynn. Duh....you're the guy that fired him. Doesn't get more unfair then that. LOL

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

nope, America needs more transparency. if leaks are the only way to get them then so be it.

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Which emails are you talking about?

15. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

The only ones Trump has been going on and on about for 2 years. Hillary's

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

How is this a deflection? You asked me why he wasn't doing something. I frankly have no idea why he does or doesn't do the things he does or doesn't do. You don't seem to know what 'deflection' really means. Look it up.

17. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

If we're all being factual and objective here then it's VERY important to note that those emails were apparently hacked and then leaked by a third party. Super important distinction. This information was leaked by someone inside our government for political purposes. I imagine most people here would say the end justifies the mean, but I'd be veryyyyyyyy careful on that slippery slope.

18. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump ran his campaign based on Hillary's leaked emails. He now is upset when the tables are turned against him and you don't see that?

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

We do need more transparency. And if people choose to leak sensitive SIGINT data then they should be ready to pay the price.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2017 ---
    That's not the question you asked me. So I deflected nothing.

20. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

So Trump had no idea besides the fact that there was a leak that Flynn was talking with Russia behind his back? Whats worse the leaks or Trump is clueless about is own administration?

21. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Huh? I have no idea if Trump knew or not. Was that response even meant for me? It doesn't make much sense given what I said.

22. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

It was leaked because there was/is wrong doing in the Trump administration. The fact that we know this is a good thing. Trump is implying that it was the medias fault that Flynn was let go. So Trump admitted he is clueless and would rather not know what his people are doing behind his back.

President Trump lashed out at the nation’s intelligence agencies again on Wednesday, saying that his former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, was brought down by illegal leaks to the news media, on a day of new disclosures about the Trump camp’s dealings with Russia during and after the presidential campaign.

No the leak didn't bring him down, him doing illegal things brought him down.

23. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

He should do what other petulant politicians do. Blame Bush.

24. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Ok. You said something to someone earlier about deflecting and I see you are also quite good at it. All I was saying is that to compare this leak to the leaks of Hillary's emails is to compare apples to oranges. I get that you hate Trump and everything he stands for, but surely you can be objective enough for one minute to see the difference.

I will say this though: If Trump was aware of any secret deals made with the Russians prior to his being sworn in then there needs to be major investigations. So far though, according to the New York Times: "The officials interviewed in recent weeks said that, so far, they had seen no evidence of such cooperation."

25. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It'll be interesting to see if Trump goes after the leakers. He's calling it a crime.

First of all, his White House wouldn't be leaking all over the place if people on his staff weren't so alarmed at his incompetence, hubris, deceitfulness and antisocial behavior.

Second, we should be careful about calling leakers criminals. Daniel Ellsberg and FBI Associate Director Mark Felt were arguably two of the biggest leakers of all time, and they each did the nation a truly great service.