Trump Brags About Contents of Kim Jong Un Letter - But Hasn't Read It?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 2, 2018.

1. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

What a dope. So easily played. (Trump that is, not samcraig :))

2. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

It's all part of 'the Art of the Deal', you don't know about. He's luring Kim in, maybe get a franchise deal for his own line of Trump burgers in NK. o_O Who could afford the burgers? Because you know once self interest is involved the Trump family moves post haste, and deals are really made.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-...h-korea-won-t-denuclearize-might-open-n878201

That right there is the art of the deal, my friend. You set them up innocuously, then bam when they least expect it, they are serving you burger rights. They get a franchise, 45 gets paid, we get nuclear weapons out of NK. WINNING!

Jokes aside...

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/1/17417348/kim-trump-north-korea-letter-summit

3. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

Would be funny if the contents of the letter was actually a photo from the pee pee tape

4. mikzn macrumors 6502a

mikzn

LOL - Rex Tillerson used a different word

5. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

The size of that letter had to be a joke. State-run media in NK probably making jokes about it.

As for why Trump didn't just say "I haven't read it yet, I plan on doing that rather shortly, but the meeting went well and I look forward to reading the letter. We'll get back with you on what it says if its appropriate".

I look forward to seeing what cunning, genius plan that this seemingly stupid lie plays into. It only appears stupid to lie about having read a letter then admitting you didn't. But we know Trump is a stable genius, and makes no mistakes, so this obviously has to play a bigger role in something.

6. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

How come no one asked him "but you just said it was a very interesting letter...?"

What a circus and sad image for the United States, being run by such a tool.

7. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

We're entertaining ourselves into a diminished state by watching. He's a tool but we're fools not holding him much, much more to account for all this stuff he manages to make look like just another long-running reality show.

8. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

One the guy is a simpleton. I’m sure he just looked at the big envelop and thought nice. And the rest of it is just typical Trump vomiting whatever is in his brain not knowing or caring that what he just said contradicts something he said a few minutes earlier. The part where he says boy wouldn’t you love to know what’s in the letter is typical reality TV Trump where everything is a show, everything is a game to him.

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Why are people saying the envelope was so big? It looked fine when other people were holding it.