Trump=Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Benjamin Frost, Jul 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

2. APlotdevice, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Certainly his running mate aught to appeal to your counterparts. :rolleyes:

3. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

...and create a complete meltdown of the economy? No thank you.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

First the left predicts Brexit will never happen, then after it does a global meltdown was predicted which led the Dow jones to the highest levels of the year, and now Donald Trump has no chance of winning and if he does an economic meltdown occurs, anyone notice a theme?

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

They have been wrong all those times?:p

6. sim667 macrumors 65816

The only way that Trump and Brexit are linked is the racist rhetoric running through both campaigns.

7. Benjamin Frost thread starter Suspended

Benjamin Frost

And your kind of comment is partly why we voted Brexit.

People are fed up of being accused of racism and xenophobia just because they wish to live in a democracy. We now have a government who are wholly accountable, rather than one who can use EU laws as an excuse for their own incompetence.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Let's face facts. Trump would be back in his Trump Tower office making ****** deals if the media did not see him as a meal ticket to eyeballs and clicks.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

And just like the Brexit leaders the leaders of the Trump campaign and the GOP probably including Trump himself will run for the exits like rats on a sinking ship if he somehow wins the election.

10. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

That's the problem with some people, They never look ahead.

11. pdqgp, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

perhaps we just like our world the way it is and are welcome to others legally coming into it and enjoying it vs coming here and trying to change who we are. western world > Muslim world and we like it that way. If they don't like our culture and how it is here then don't come here. this isn't little Syria. I hear Canada is a great place for them though.

12. sim667 macrumors 65816

Ironic you should be making this statement, you make plenty of Racist comments, and advocate holy war FFS.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If they never work we have some awesome new benefits $6400 per kid per year and free university for anyone making under $50k. Poor people will be the only ones who can afford to have kids.

14. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I can fathom a possibility why Americans have been frustrated with globalization (the working class has seen too many cuts), and clearly the UK citizens must have felt the same way for voting to exit (or they didn't read up on it at all, the media isn't sure and I've read headlines suggesting either condition but that's the extent of it all. I've read more articles about the Chinese being fed up with "American" companies and wanting to be nationalist again as well, all while Americans call the companies the Chinese have been kicking as "companies that may as well be Chinese". )

In other words, and when the day is done, then what? What is being advocated is just the morning. Possible things that happen midday and evening seem to not be thought of, and it's pretty bad when people hurt each other over seeing a brand of another country's origin despite said brand being made in the country in which the people are upset (e.g. Nike shoes made in China, Nike is not truly American but multinational nowadays, yet the company still gets pegged as "American", which is technically incorrect.)
    --- Post Merged, Jul 21, 2016 ---
    I've not read much of his comments confirming those claims (I've not looked at every post or thought about any number of reasoning behind them), but there is a difference between personal belief and general governing style.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 21, 2016 ---
    Which isn't a bad thing, but is only as accountable as the leaders hold themselves to be. The future will be interesting to see where good change happens, or when people who voted for this Brexit are the ones glibly accused of all the world's problems, as if the decision makers have less culpability than the followers that don't make the laws or conditions somehow... indeed, with news articles claiming a lot of individuals wanted a re-vote because they didn't understand, isn't their lack of reading up on what even the media says (accurately or otherwise) no less part of the problem?

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

Lets be honest. You're worried about the skin colour of your great great great great great grandchildren.....

16. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Yeah because I hate my black sister in law married to my brother, my black brother in law married to my sister and my Japanese Brother in law married to my wife's sister so much that I would freak out if my kids married someone who's non-white. :rolleyes:

17. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Brilliant article, thanks for posting it!

If Americans value predictability and the status quo over everything, they’ll vote Hillary, just as Remainers did in Britain. If they decide that despite Trump’s likely white-knuckle ride it’s overwhelmingly important to break a political order they see as corrupt and dysfunctional, they’ll vote for him in an echo of our Brexiteers.​

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

How would the economy meltdown?

19. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Not a problem with the Brexiteers and Trump supporters--that's why they are Brexiteers and Trump supporters!