Trump buddies up with Goldman Sachs, after he campaigned against them

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Dec 9, 2016.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He can't even keep his lies straight anymore and he's not even president yet.
    https://www.apnews.com/c024611f0d79...s-Goldman-ties-as-he-builds-out-economic-team

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

The swamp is running over and trump changes his mind more often then a bi-polar maniac.

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Hate to be the one that has to clean up all the swamp water in the white house carpets.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Don't worry trump will get permits to bring in foreign help and pay them less.

5. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

What's the matter with you? He's just throwing a bone to you Hillary supporters since you were ok with her being in Goldman Sachs' pockets. ;)

Donnie is aiming to please everyone :D

6. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

"Donnie" is exactly how I described him during the election: Hillary only worse. (Cause why only stab yourself in the foot when you can also blow your brains out?!)

7. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Don't look at me I was a Bernie supporter and voted for Gary.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

That was a vote for Trump if you happen to live in Michigan, Wisconsin, or Pennsylvania.

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Where I live Hillary was a shoe in.

10. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

I could easily do like you guys do and go "SOOOOOOO well Hillary did"... But yea, I'm not going to. This pisses me off as well.

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Better known as a spineless sycophant.

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Good! The sooner you realize that Trump is every bit as a corrupt as Hillary the better.

13. Zenithal macrumors 68040

And when people realize in a few years he's the same POS as anyone before him, my only reply will be the words "no," "****," and "Sherlock."

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Hilary would have done good on the climate for sure.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So it was the right thing to do IMO.

16. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Yes, I agree. I think we can agree Trump flip flops, but I'm glad he flipped on some issues, and if I'm not mistaken, he's giving the cold shoulder to his fans who are KKK members. Different from alt-right individuals who at least have the presence of mind to conduct themselves in some professional manner. While those flying Confederate flags, burning crosses, attacks blacks and other minorities are left scratching their head at why Mr. Trump is leaving them out of the picture. I don't like the guy nor do I agree with most of his proposed-yet-to-be-enacted policies, but if his tax rate policy/promise comes to fruition, it's going to be great for me. I don't mind paying taxes, but I want my taxes to be used to better the country, not be wasted away for a subset of citizens and spend trying to prop up a democracy in batty countries that have survived on a nomadic-esque culture for hundreds if not thousands of years.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yeh I remember when Trump used to head up the KKK rallies by burning a few crosses, now he barely even shows up.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

He's draining the swamp right into his cabinet.

19. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Way to make up an accusation that I never made. KKK members and their gazette endorsed Trump. Trump liked that. The Trump team waited until just days before the election to denounce these people. And that barely permeated the news-wire because the FBI investigation was at the forefront of the news cycle. It was a skillful PR move. By my memory, the first endorsement from a KKK clan group (there's several) came during the spring, and another one possibly around this time in late 2015. Why wait so long to denounce these groups?

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

He liked it? Were you hiding in his closet or what?

21. Zenithal macrumors 68040

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...p-retweets-another-apparent-white-supremacist
    https://thinkprogress.org/donald-tr...ing-white-supremacist-5fa55d36b02e#.upteqoo6z

Meanwhile, right-wing news company Fox never commented on the matter until the 2nd of November and the 28th of November. Prior to that period, Fox hosts made almost no effort and borderline defended Trump not disavowing hate groups who endorsed him, and that he liked and retweeted their endorsement. On the 2nd of November, the Trump team publicly disavowed the support and rang up the parties involved. Coincidentally, these groups had been rallying support for weeks, yet the Trump team waited and waited and waited until the FBI investigation was the only event during the news cycle.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

He retweeted a statement that his policies were going to make America great again, do you think he does a background check on each retweet? The American people spoke, this is your president, deal with it.

23. Zenithal macrumors 68040

You mean the policies his team changed around after winning? Or do you mean his continued flip-flopping over the last month and prior to that when questioned? Or do you mean his inability to excuse himself from simplistic language and consistent pattern of not answering a question as it's asked?

While the people spoke, the people's choice can be overridden. Fat chance, but who knows. I've learned to stop being surprised.

24. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Not going to happen, welcome to Trumpland, enjoy your stay, the liberals have certainly earned it.