Trump calls Democrats "un-American" and "treasonous"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Feb 5, 2018.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

President Trump, speaking to a crowd of workers in Ohio, blasted Democrats, who he said acted "un-American" and "treasonous" during his State of the Union speech.

"You’re up there, you’ve got half the room going totally crazy wild, they loved everything, they want to do something great for our country," Trump said. "And you have the other side even on positive news, really positive news like that, they were like death and un-American. Un-American. Somebody said treasonous. I mean, yeah, I guess, why not. Can we call that treason? Why not. I mean they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much. But you look at that and it’s really very, very sad."

The President said there was "bad energy" in the room during his address.
    More from CNN

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Yes - exercising the 1A is definitely treasonous. :/

He's pissed he didn't get a standing ovation from Democrats. A group he constantly lashes out at. And if you watch the SOTU address again - every time he says something he thinks the Democrats would like, he would lean over to them and wave his arm as if to say "this is where you applaud me"

SAD.

3. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

Don't judge me, but he was in my neck of the woods today.

I suspect he was kinda pandering to the purpose built crowd today; the area he was not too far from Butler and Clermont Counties - two of the more prosperous counties in the area and the reason why our gerrymandered district keeps voting Republican, despite the fact a large part of the district sits inside the far more Democratic leaning Hamilton County.

Today was a good day to stay at home....

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Un-American and treasonous? The man is a ****ing moron. You can call them petty and childish, but no one committed treason.

5. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

To me this is no different than him telling football players to stand during the national anthem, to which afterward most took a knee. Not because they hated America but because they're fed up with some prick with an inferiority complex telling them their cause means nothing and to do what he says.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Here's an example of the problem. His base laps it up. And tomorrow he'll be on to another stupid thing. And yet when he's called out on it - he will say fake news/unfair media and his supporters will say he's being piled on, etc.

He's really pretty despicable. And if you support his platform - at what point do you realize you can't divorce it from the man he is? I didn't care for either Bush, Carter or Reagan but you could at least debate the issues. You could respect them as WANTING to do the right thing even if you didn't agree with them. I mean - for all the flaws I considered Bush Jr to have, at least he wasn't antagonistic or belittling. Not that I recall.

7. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

As a very very strong supporter of LGBT rights, I find myself in the horrible position of really hoping that Trump steps down/is kicked out\is impeached (etc.) and letting the incredibly loathsome and despicable Mike Pence take over...

Talking about frying pan/fire....

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Almost 13 months in and he still has no idea what the job actually is.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I didn't vote for the man. I voted for the guy who plays right wing for the Pittsburgh Penguins. He's a disgrace of a human being and will probably be the only president to not get a invite to the presidents club get togethers 100% of the time.

I've been pretty clear that the more the republican party doesn't speak out against him the more they are tying his noose around their necks for the next 10yrs. The only thing that will make that not a detriment is if the democratic party continues on the path they've been on. No direction, no realistic immigration plan, everyone's a racist and a bigot who doesn't agree with them, forget whitey platform. I think polling was just released that said the GOP might not be in that bad of shape for the midterms. That's almost too pathetic and embarrassing for words considering cheeto hitler is at the helm of the republican party. Immigration, the dems better come up with a plan that doesn't sound like open boarders are else they might not be in for the night they think they're in for.

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Apropos:

Two Republicans argue that this year, if conservatives want to save the GOP they have to vote against it.

Trump's strongman tendencies can only be controlled if he's met with a serious counterforce in Congress and real investigations against his obstruction and his fusillades against the U.S. Constitution.

Letting guys like Nunes and McConnell whiff time after time is hurting the country, and the only way that the GOP will learn is to get hit with a hammer. And, that hammer should be an electoral massacre in 2018.

11. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

[​IMG]
    It makes me miss the days Dubba-Ya was in office.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

GOP polling is better - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-generic-ballot-polls/?ex_cid=rrpromo. But Trump has been fairly quiet. The economy is doing well and the tax plan passed. Plus the Democratic Party will take some blame for the shutdown.

13. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I guess that makes us Democrats 'undesirables'... :rolleyes:

14. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I don't think I've ever heard the word "treasonous" used properly.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I know exactly what you mean, but on the other side of that coin, I hope he does not step down, because while I'd rather see an impeachment or the nuclear option (25th Amendment) used on him, I would rather see his sorry arse beaten and beaten badly by a Nasty Woman in the next election. Not only would his head spin because he would be the loser, but he would be beaten by the very gender he ridiculed throughout his entire political career, let alone his entire life.

BL.

16. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Nailed it, meme of the year right there.

17. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I'm afraid I don't want to wait that long.....

18. Lloydbm41 Suspended

Lloydbm41

Hit the nail right on the head!

19. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I think that's pretty fair. Also slightly depressing.

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

This should be an easy win for the democrats, but they can’t help themselves with the wedges they drive between people or the constant attempts to put everyone in a specific box. Then when election day roles around they hope all the boxes vote as one homogenous voting bloc. I agree with the left on everything other than unlimited abortion and the extent they the want to tax some people at times. Except I’m white and upper middle class so my vote isn’t something they want to court at the present time.

21. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

While I am not sure it's your cup of tea - last weeks Bill Maher was an embarrassing display of Dems VS Scaramucci. I trend left generally, but dumb is dumb.

22. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I had a lot of problems with his policies but at least he had a pleasant personality :)

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I watch Maher but I didn't catch that one. I had a rare Friday night game.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

So here's the thing. I voted - enthusiastically - for Ronald Reagan. Twice.

And I miss Reagan's brand of conservatism. I miss the sort of conservative Republican who could sit down with Tip O'Neill and work out what was going to be best for O'Neill's constituency just as much as Reagan's.

There is huge difference between obliquely referring to your opponent's political platform as "********" - and calling the other party "traitors" and "unAmerican".

Maybe you don't understand the difference. But I do. Sometimes my friends and family members tell me stuff that is, at least in my opinion, ********. I might disagree with their ideas and their rhetoric. But I respect them as friends and members of my family.

Donald Trump is calling at least half the country un-American traitors. That's unprecedented, dangerous, and utterly unbecoming of the person charged with leading this country.

If you don't see that, then I fear greatly for the future of this nation of ours.