Trump calls former SOS Rex Tillerson “dumb as a rock” and “lazy as hell”

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Classy. Remember Trump hires the best people.

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
12/7/18, 2:02 PM
Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!
Here’s more people Trump has called dumb as a rock:

Last edited:
Reactions: Solomani

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Amazing how the guy who says he only hires the best people hires so many duds.
1/5/18, 9:34 AM
The Mercer Family recently dumped the leaker known as Sloppy Steve Bannon. Smart!
8/22/18, 7:44 AM
If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!
8/13/18, 8:27 AM
Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard....

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
One way I assess writing (or speaking) is on the over-reliance of abstract adjectives and adverbs. They’re cheap, even in the Twitterverse. There and on camera he uses them as a crutch that are generally used to telegraph not his message but his attitude.

Further, he uses them to pad out the lack of underlying content. It also attempts to mask his fundamental and shallow ability to process ... anything. By howling it at top volume he skates by using intense repetition of words that trigger amygdalae. He operates on his gut, so that’s what he wants to reach: the gut.
You don't have to convince the majority of the planet that he's an unintelligent nutcase. It is half of the US population that you have to convince, and they aren't taking logic for anything.

You don't have to convince the majority of the planet that he's an unintelligent nutcase. It is half of the US population that you have to convince, and they aren't taking logic for anything.
I’m long past trying to convince anyone of anything... especially on the bifurcated Internet... I just wanted to say it. So I said it.

Now, I’m gonna fix me some popcorn. Friends were coming to watch a movie... I think we’ll be watching something else instead. It’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

Reactions: LizKat

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
Tillerson was speaking to Bob Schieffer of CBS News:

“It was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil Corporation to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘Look, this is what I believe,’”
And that's the thing. Trump can't be bothered to begin to understand the details of issues. He is too lazy, too intellectually incurious to even begin to understand issues such as international trade and tariffs; climate change; or even how the Federal Government works.

I think that was pretty obvious the first time we saw him running for President. It's painfully obvious every time he speaks.

I simply cannot understand how millions of my fellow Americans could vote for somebody like that. I am frankly angry and contemptuous of people who would do that to our country, our people, and our planet.

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
What I don't understand is that many politicians are truly dumb as a rock when they willingly apply to serve directly under Trump. They truly are dumb because they still haven't figured out that Trump always always always always backstabs and demeans all his former underlings.

He even badmouths, backstabs, and denigrates the former loyalists who still desire to remain loyal to him…. such as "Sloppy Steve" Bannon.

Why any of these politicians and DC bureaucrats still want to serve under this man is puzzling. Every one of them will, in due time, be thrown under the bus. Guaranteed.

Last edited:

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK

And that's the thing. Trump can't be bothered to begin to understand the details of issues. He is too lazy, too intellectually incurious to even begin to understand issues such as international trade and tariffs; climate change; or even how the Federal Government works.

I think that was pretty obvious the first time we saw him running for President. It's painfully obvious every time he speaks.

I simply cannot understand how millions of my fellow Americans could vote for somebody like that. I am frankly angry and contemptuous of people who would do that to our country, our people, and our planet.
Because there’s a massive divide between people. The people who are educated, who are exposed to new ideas who get challenged at work by quality assurance live in a different galaxy from people who are less educated, who never get challenged at work for new ideas etc etc.

And stuff lands up being heads you win tails you win for the first group when they interact with the second. For a start the first group are smarter as they’ve evolved their positions over time. But also because the first group aren’t attaching their ideas to their sense of self when they are proven wrong they apologise and move on. The second group really struggle with that. So get super intimidated by the first group. The first group are also (sometimes) thinking globally so they are exposed to more ideas. The second are only exposed to ideas from people they went to school with.

The second group also get angry when their culture gets challenged for the same reason. When Huffington Post says Rudolph is bad for reasons X, Y and Z either I would say that those reasons are ******** and say that Huffington Post had overreacted or I’d go, well, maybe Rudolph is bad. The second group just believe you’re attacking their culture when you make any criticism and they can’t deal with it - because dealing with it would involve changing their minds.

Last edited:

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
For someone that picks only the best people, he sure goes off on a lot of them as being the worst.
I don’t think anyone thinks trump is doing a good job. They just think trolling the urban elite is a good reason to support him.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

I would imagine others feel the same about you and the candidate you voted for...........welcome to America.

Altis

macrumors 68030
Sep 10, 2013
Because there’s a massive divide between people. The people who are educated, who are exposed to new ideas who get challenged at work by quality assurance live in a different galaxy from people who are less educated, who never get challenged at work for new ideas etc etc.

And stuff lands up being heads you win tails you win for the first group when they interact with the second. For a start the first group are smarter as they’ve evolved their positions over time. But also because the first group aren’t attaching their ideas to their sense of self when they are proven wrong they apologise and move on. The second group really struggle with that. So get super intimidated by the first group. The first group are also (sometimes) thinking globally so they are exposed to more ideas. The second are only exposed to ideas from people they went to school with.

The second group also get angry when their culture gets challenged for the same reason. When Huffington Post says Rudolph is bad for reasons X, Y and Z either I would say that those reasons are ******** and say that Huffington Post had overreacted or I’d go, well, maybe Rudolph is bad. The second group just believe you’re attacking their culture when you make any criticism and they can’t deal with it - because dealing with it would involve changing their minds.
Your post is so chock-full of generalities it's comical.

Becoming more "educated" absolutely does not make you smarter or more able to reason. It does, however, seem to make people think they're qualified to make decisions that affect those they deem less "smart."

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Your post is so chock-full of generalities it's comical.

Becoming more "educated" absolutely does not make you smarter or more able to reason. It does, however, seem to make people think they're qualified to make decisions that affect those they deem less "smart."
Because it’s the educated liberals who got so angry with the status quo they voted for the class clown for president.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I think the libs are basically owning themselves when just about everything trump does becomes "news"......... guy can't even attend a funeral............
Maybe that’s why Trumps popularity isn’t in the 20s. But I doubt it.

Altis

macrumors 68030
Sep 10, 2013
Because it’s the educated liberals who got so angry with the status quo they voted for the class clown for president.
It was the "educated liberals" that thought Hillary was the best candidate for president... probably the only person who could lose to Trump.

And it's the "educated liberals" that think they know best for the "less educated", while in support of importing the uneducated... but then it really doesn't affect them in the same way, does it?

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget