Trump calls Germans "very bad" and threatens to End German Car Sales

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AustinIllini, May 26, 2017.

1. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Trump reportedly calls Germans ‘very bad,’ threatens to end German car sales

FYI: The largest BMW plant in the world is in Spartanburg, SC, Mercedes builds cars in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and Volkswagen builds in Chattanooga, TN.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Can't wait for everything we buy to increase by 35% or simply not be available. Good times.

4. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I will be buying German for the foreseeable future.

5. Rigby macrumors 601

6. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I love that all these factories are in red states, too. Trump loves to throw his own constituents under the bus.

7. darksithpro macrumors regular

Yea, you're going to need to every couple of years since they become shop queens after the warranty expires. I'll stick to Honda and Toyota. German cars are way over-engineered.

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Don't worry, his constituents are just as stupid as he is and will be applauding his actions as they receive their pink slips.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Oh you misunderstood him. He didn't say Germans. He said the French ;)

10. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

11. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I'm aware. I lease German because I love driving and I love the driving experience. Until cars drive themselves, it's German for me.

12. darksithpro macrumors regular

I read somewhere that the figures where around 70% of German Luxury car drivers lease, and dump them to the sucker buyers after around 3 years. I admit if I had tons of disposable income I might lease a German car too, just for the fun of driving, but that's about it.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

German cars look nice but are pieces of ****.

14. Rigby macrumors 601

15. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Protectionism doesn't work. the u.s auto industry needs to build vehicles that people want to buy. Its called competition.

Ever wondered why u.s cars don't sell so well outside of north american vs other car manufacturers? They are crap, pure and simple.

Protectionism makes industry lazy.

16. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I figure, at some point cars will drive themselves and I'll get a Tesla like everyone else and the fun will be gone. Until then, I'll count my blessings and lease German.
    Depends on the brand. Audi has been great the last half decade, but they are expensive as hell to fix. That being said, they're amazing to drive.
    Yeah, I had an A4 with a bunch of problems in 2011, but the experience was so great, I went from my Acura back to the A4 in 2017.

17. darksithpro, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017

darksithpro macrumors regular

Here's a question for you. If Japanese cars such as Toyota and Honda are so reliable, then why don't they sell well in Europe?
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2017 ---

One thing that's even more crazy about German cars is the use of plastic parts in the engine bay. Intake manifolds, the oil pan and valve covers. Why would they put plastic parts on the engine? lol! Planned obsolescence?

18. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Existing car brands in Europe have all but locked out most of the Japanese brands. Same with American brands. You can buy a Mustang or a Corvette and yet most US marques have pulled out of Europe.

19. darksithpro macrumors regular

That's probably because Europe probably saw the devastation the Japanese auto makers did to the American automotive market in the USA, right?

20. Nefilim Suspended

I have no doubt that that's the new trend you were told to follow.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Owned a bmw, it was a piece of ****. True story. Have a Mazda now, much better.

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You do realize that one of, if not the biggest Toyota factory is in Kentucky, n'est-ce pas?

I wonder what the over/under is that he'll say the same thing to Shinzo Abe over the next few times they talk.

You do realize that the biggest seller of cars in the American automobile industry is Toyota, n'est-ce pas?

I wonder what the over/under is that Shinzo Abe will say the same thing to Trump over the next few times they talk.

BL.

23. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

We may not agree on politics, but on cars, we see eye-to-eye.