Trump calls Hillary "The devil"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by deany, Aug 1, 2016.

1. deany macrumors 68030

deany

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

You know it's bad when you're worried about giving the Devil a bad name...<insert partisan rhetoric here>

3. vrDrew, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm getting a real feeling of what I call "Trump fatigue"

Its the result of the emotional and intellectual tension brought on by having to deal with the possibility, however slight, that Donald Trump might conceivably be the next President of the United States. That there could be so many people in this great country of ours who actually believe the nonsense that spews from his mouth. That there are people who, while smart enough to recognize the lies and hatred, are yet still cynical and partisan enough to support him anyway.

Its been going on for a year now. It started out as a snicker, a smile that someone so obviously unqualified and absurd should even consider asking for people's votes. A sad, silly old man with a nasty looking plastic baseball hat.

Its been dealing with naked lies. The utter racial, ethnic, and religious hatred. Its about dealing with Trumps apparent plans to commit war crimes; to destroy alliances; to spit in the faces of veterans and the parents of our military. Trumps plans to welch on our debts; and build a wall against our allies.

I'm tired of having to explain to people why so many of Trump's criminal and moronic statements are, in fact, wrong. That they violate the letter and the spirit of US and international law. Of every norm and precedent of good government and civil society.

I'm tired of having to deal with the lies and slander put about by Trump's allies and supporters.

I'm tired of having to explain why Fire Marshals exist.

Trump is everything I despise about some rich people. Supremely arrogant; unbelievably vulgar; cruel; ignorant. Supremely unaware of his utter selfishness. A destroyer of cities and neighborhoods.

I caught the end of the PGA Tournament on Sunday evening. And I watched as Jason Day watched eventual winner Jimmy Walker complete his last hole. And I watched as the players shook hands, and graciously conducted their interviews. And I was struck by the realization that Donald Trump, for someone who presumably spends a lot of time around golf courses, knows nothing of the game. Has learned nothing of the value of good sportsmanship. Of how a gentleman conducts himself in public, when competing with other players.

Donald Trump is a vulgar; oafish; ignorant jerk. That should be clear to everyone by now. And hopefully a hundred days from now, after the election is gone and Trumpism is revealed for the loathsome sham its always been - we can rejoice - REJOICE - in the blissful glow of never having to looking into that sneering, badly tinted face again.

4. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I see someone has been taking Carson's talking points.

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Only the devil would eat KFC with a knife and fork.
    [​IMG]

Then again it might just be to big for his tiny hands.

7. deany, Aug 2, 2016

deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

8. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Boo hoo, we have all seen what this "emotional and intellectual tension" has done to you. You've been posting barely comprehensible drivel for quite some time.

But tell us how you really feel!

9. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

We need Trump to continue doing what he is doing. He is gradually alienating more and more people. My prediction is he will not even get 200 Electoral college votes in November. Many in the RNC have already come to terms with this and are already looking beyond 2016. i am certainly no Hillary fan and have said before these are just about the two worst candidates ever to face off in a Presidential election in the US. However, sometimes you just have to hold your nose and go with the best of a bad bunch.

10. zin macrumors 6502

Careful, you might make your way onto the ignore list. I'm already there after saying bad stuff about Hillary and her fundraising arrangements.

11. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Perhaps he is already preparing the ground for the devastating defeat he expects in November.

12. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I'm sure I'm there too. He posted a thread telling anyone if they said Benghazi (and a few other words) he'd be placing them on his ignore list. I said all three :D

13. Scepticalscribe, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, if Mr Trump has referred to Hillary Clinton as 'the devil' at this stage of the campaign, I'm not quite sure where else he can head to, in order to seek out further insults. When you describe someone as 'the devil' it is either a sign of desperation, or a sign that you are running out of insults.

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I do have to laugh at how sensationalist US politics has got of late. We just don't get this time of entertainment in Britain (apart from Boris). Our politicians are too reserved and professional. Then again we don't have reality TV stars getting far enough to stand for PM.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Hillary's the devil now, huh? How ironic.

Seems like an appropriate time to repost this:

Damien-Trump.jpg

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Your previous Prime Minister ****ed a dead pig. Too reserved and professional, indeed.

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

It hasn't been confirmed whether he posed inappropriately with a pigs head while he was a serving PM or during the 2010 general election though. I can't draw many parallels to be honest.

18. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Actually the pig's head allegation were supposedly something that happened during his time at University. Never been proven but was supposed to be part of some initiation into a dining club. What that has to do with either his general election time or PM time beats me.

19. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I know yes, it got plenty of exposure here during the 2015 general election. I never understood the relevance either. Tony Blair supposedly took drugs at university but again I could never understand how that was going to affect running the country. In hindsight though he did a pretty bad job of that.

20. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The science of "opposition research" is by now a well-established principle of campaign management in US elections. Candidates for offices great and small hire staffs of researchers to go through every word an opponent ever wrote or spoke aloud in public. Every organization they ever were associated with, however tangentially. Every brush with law enforcement, and mention in the press.

And the US year-long Presidential Campaign, the virtually unlimited amounts of money available, and the (now) questionable benefits of 24-hour cable news and the toxic hydra of internet and social media - simply mixes this into a horror show.

21. Scepticalscribe, Aug 2, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Anything I have read about this incident suggests that it was prank and/or initiation 'ceremony' dating from the time Mr Cameron was at Oxford.

While I will happily criticise him for the catastrophically poor judgement he showed in promising the Brexit referendum, calling it, losing it and then resigning rather than choosing to take responsibility for this debacle, I see absolutely no reason to hold acts of student idiocy against him as Prime Minister.

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Indeed, if I was famous myself and some of the things I got up to at university got out, I'd have 10,000 comments on the Daily Mail website! lol.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm still waiting to hear SOMETHING presidential come out of Trump's mouth.

24. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Something tells me that you may well have a long wait.