Trump Campaign Manager Assaults Breitbart Reporter

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 10, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Donald Trump's America.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...ly-grabbing-reporter-michelle-fields-n2131300

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

At least the Republicans do a good job at selling the notion they are scared. Trump has increasingly flip-flopped on so much.

3. Robisan macrumors 6502

As dropped dead Andrew Breitbart found, the ground can be fatal, so really this was attempted murder. #HalfWitBreitbartLogic

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

Rdowns concern for Breitbart helps me come full circle and understand the reported historic shifting, alternating allegiances in the Middle East.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I believe he sees it another way: how conservatives are attacking their own, proving how there hasn't been a bigger schism in the USA since Tool.

BL.

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Right now, it's starting to feel like Trump's knuckle deep in the borderline.

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

9. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Shocking Mellish. We'll put you in the supports assaulting women column.

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Right there's how the mainstream media distorts. Are you working for the Times and not telling us?

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You know, you can't keep staring facts in the face and cry "Media distortion!"

And then there's this actual death threat:

So now if you're not singing Trump's praises, you're not acting like a real American and they might have to kill you.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Not a surprise that the Trump supporters try to minimize or ignore violence against women.

It's pretty pathetic too that Trump and his minions can't even answer a few semi-tough questions from a reporter before getting all flustered and violent too. And that's supposed to convey leadership?

Trump is like a six year old who's mom took his toy away and put him in time out any time he gets asked a tough question.

Doing a great job of fulfilling the "TRUMP: Make America a Worldwide Embarrassment Again".

13. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Lets not pretend that Trump is the only flip flop artist running for office. Every politician flip flops based on the blowing winds. Every single one.

14. jerwin macrumors 65816

If liberals are the enemy, it's really important that the liberal concept of peaceful discourse be replaced with a new kind of politics.

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

Any battery against women will be prosecuted.

By the same token, said battery coincidently will attract the misogynist Muslim vote.

16. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Wow. This will probably get you banned.

17. FieldingMellish Suspended

I clarified it as misogynist, so that there's no question it's referring to several PRSI threads on rampant and publicised Muslim rough group rapes of women in Europe.

18. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Yes because only Muslims abuse women.

19. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

This is going to get messy.

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

So let's get back on track — That whomever did the harm has got to be dealt with in our legal system.

21. hulugu, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016

hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

For all my criticisms of Breitbart, that Trump's campaign manager thought he could grab a journalist over a question infuriates me. It's unprofessional and unethical.

If I run into Corey, I'll make sure he gets an earful and that if he tries to grab my arm, I'm keeping his.

The larger problem is Trump's approach to journalists. He's called those covering him scum, dishonest, sleaze, and disgusting.

He's made fun of a journalist's medical condition and argued that he wants to change libel laws to make it easier to sue. And, his campaign has repeatedly punished journalists for writing critical stories by barring them from press events

But, I know this falls on deaf ears for Trump's supporters, who apparently think that muscling the Fourth Estate is good work.

22. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not to mention he keeps journalists in a pen during his rallies.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Not all press pens are equal.

At a Bernie Sanders event, the press pen was designed to keep the crowd out of the press area, which included an avenue that allowed photographers to move from a riser for television cameras to the main stage.

And, at a 2012 GOP debate, the press pen was a space nearest to the stage and was penned off by security to restrict access to credentialed media.

However, the Trump campaign has used press pens to keep journalists for covering protestors, and the increasingly violent reactions of the crowd.

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

For Brietbart, this is the best case scenario. The outlet gets to fawn over Trump again while protecting their reporter, because it was the Washington Post's fault.

Meanwhile, Fields may be pressing charges.