Trump campaign safe space from Washington Post

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Eraserhead, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

2. APlotdevice, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Freedam ob da Press? DUUUURR, whass dat? I Jus don wan dos pwess men sayin mean thins abot me!

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Trump supporters...may I introduce you to Red flag.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Leave it to the Guardian to guard against Trump.

How easy it is to ignore when Obama and his posse were saying the exact same kind of thing.

"Obama vs. Fox News -- behind the White House strategy to delegitimize a news organization"

By Kirsten Powers
    Published January 29, 2013

In a recent interview with The New Republic, President Obama was back to his grousing about the one television news outlet in America that won’t fall in line and treat him as emperor.

Discussing breaking Washington's partisan gridlock, the president told TNR,"If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News...for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you’ll see more of them doing it."

Alas, the president loves to whine about the media meanies at Fox News. To him, these are not people trying to do their jobs. No, they are out to get him.

What other motive could a journalist have in holding a president accountable? Why oh why do Ed Henry and Chris Wallace insist on asking hard questions? Make them stop!

The president seems more comfortable talking to "real journalists" such as Chris Hughes, who asked the question in the TNR interview that elicited Obama's reflexive Fox hatred.

Hughes is the new owner of TNR and is a former major Obama campaign donor and organizer who was featured on the cover of Fast Company, with the headline, "The Kid Who Made Obama President." You can't make this stuff up.

Latest volley from the president is just one in a long line of comments from his White House as part of their campaign to silence any dissent they detect in the press corps.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...rategy-to-delegitimize-news-organization.html

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not just Wapo. Politico, HuffPo, Buzzfeed, Daily Beast, Des Moines Register, Fusion, Univision, Mother Jones and National Review. ****er thinks he's a dictator.

6. cube macrumors G5

I think the Washington Post is doing quite a good job so far considering that it is owned by Bezos.

7. reefoid macrumors regular

Deflection and false equivalency as usual. I assume you have evidence of Obama revoking press credentials or banning certain publications from his events?

No?

Didn't think so.

8. FieldingMellish, Jun 14, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

One man's' deflection is another man's apt comparison of the sheer hypocrisy.

Trump and Obama have, and are, singling out a specific news source they believe is over the top.

Let's travel back a few years, shall we?

Obama and cronies demanding safe space before it was a thing, circa 2009.

Fox 'not really news,' says Axelrod
    By Mike Allen
    10/18/09

White House senior adviser David Axelrod said Sunday that the Fox News Channel is "not really a news station" and that much of the programming is "not really news."

"I’m not concerned," Axelrod said on ABC's "This Week" when George Stephanopoulos asked about the back-and-forth between the White House and Fox News.

"It’s really not news — it’s pushing a point of view.

And the bigger thing is that other news organizations like yours ought not to treat them that way, and we’re not going to treat them that way.

We’re going to appear on their shows. We’re going to participate but understanding that they represent a point of view.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2009/10/fox-not-really-news-says-axelrod-028417

But go ahead and continue the Trump bashing, as though it's going to make a difference, as it did not for the past year.

9. reefoid macrumors regular

And your point is? If Obama had banned Fox from the White House following this statement you might have a valid argument. But he didn't, so you don't. Plus, of course, Obama has appeared on Fox since this statement was made.

Trump is doing his usual cry baby thing - 'I don't like what you're saying so your banned'.

I don't expect you to see the difference, but thankfully most people can see.

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

I'll let the hypocrites win on a so-called technicality; a distinction without a difference, and allow the last word, predominately because I value my time. :)

Go ye therefore and slam Trump. It's not worked for the past year, but enjoy the giddy pile on.

11. cube macrumors G5

It is not the Washington Post who pushes an agenda, but News Corp.

12. mudslag, Jun 14, 2016

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You post an opinion piece that doesn't actually stand up to the comparison you're attempting to make. Sort of like that energy link you keep posting that doesn't stand up to facts.

13. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Hillary should mention this at her next press conference.

14. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Dude stop being so obvious in your sad attempts to equate different things. There is a difference between COMPLAINING about a news source and actually removing press credentials.

Trump banned the Post -- he didn't just complain. Other administrations complained about FOX, they didn't ban them.

Do you see the difference now? Your posts are meaningless attempts at defense that actually bolster the original poster. But thanks for playing.

15. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Maybe I've got a bad memory. But Donald Trump is absolutely the most disgusting, horrifyingly atrocious, scary and unpleasant person ever to run for President.

I remember Michael Dukakis looked like kind of a tool riding around in that armored fighting vehicle. I thought John McCain's feigned folksiness tragically transparent. And Mitt Romney seemed out of his depth amongst people who weren't worth a hundred million or so.

But I cannot ever remember loathing, with a visceral intensity, every second of those people's existence. That every microsecond I'm forced to listen to Donald Trump is one of unmitigated revulsion, at the lies, hatred and stupidity gushing forth from his feed hole.

How any sentient human being can listen to Donald Trump spew his idiocy, filth, and hate - and not see what an utter fraud that man is? God only knows.

16. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

The advantage the media have is the freedom to quote one another. If one publication is censored by one delicate flower, then it can be quoted by many more.

Trump is all in favour of freedom of speech though. Just don't write anything negative about him.

17. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

For someone wanting to be POTUS, he sure is thin skinned.

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

You don't know what freedom of the press means, do you.

19. Limey77 macrumors regular

What I would much rather see (although it will never happen in the US) is for all the other respectable news sites/newspapers/ TV stations to simply refuse to deal with him, attend any of his events or even acknowledge his existence until he backs down.

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Wouldn't that be awesome! Let's petition the major networks to do just that.

21. caesarp macrumors 6502a

I actually enjoy hearing Trump talk. I find him comically entertaining. I don't want him within 100 miles of the Whitehouse, but I find him bizarrely fascinating -- like a horrible traffic accident, you can't not look as you drive by.

It is odd that anyone would take him seriously though.

22. cube macrumors G5

Do you think that it is comical that people all around the world also learn about what he says?

23. Limey77 macrumors regular

Sadly it's not comical. ISIS love using his words to further their ideology and would love for him to win.

The rest of the world just looks on amazed that someone so obviously unqualified for any public position gets away with his odious speeches and has taken hostage a small but vocal part of the us electorate.

24. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

You got burned so bad and then made a trump like exit. I love it.

25. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Its embarrassing for the U.S. Hopefully people around the world realize what a buffoon he is.