Trump Cancels Rally

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, May 27, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I don't know why, but of all the events that have occurred over the past week, this one somehow leaves me with the greatest foreboding -- Trump has canceled next week's rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

All the other stuff this week -- the various RussiaGate items, the way Trump enjoyed meeting with Mideast leaders and didn't enjoy meeting with European leaders, all the media commentary on all those events -- was all to be expected from the Trump era of American politics.

But Donald Trump, turning down a rally? Why would he ever do that? That's the one thing he could use to improve his mood after the last few weeks; there must be something seriously wrong for him to skip out on it. At least, that's my impression...

From a Politico article on the cancellation:

"Due to an unforeseen change in President Trump's schedule, we will need to unfortunately postpone the previously scheduled rally in Cedar Rapids on June 1st," according to an email sent from his campaign Saturday.​

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/27/trump-cancels-iowa-rally-238884

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I don't think it would go well for him after the insurance info coming out and his horrible tax cuts.

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

"Due to an unforeseen change in President Trump's schedule..."

IMG_1201.JPG

4. TPadden macrumors 6502a

My God what could it be? Delete North Korea, turn Iran into a desert, sell Arizona, Nevada, Oregon and Washington a wall, make coal a national treasure, round up all illegal aliens and Muslims and deport them, or get a haircut and take a nap????

I'm also sitting in a dark closet quivering in despair but: "Anticipation, I suppose, sometimes exceeds realization." Amelia Earhart

5. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I'm seeing two possibilities: Trump is just too thoroughly exhausted to even attend a rally, or Trump is planning something so extreme that it would be impolitic to hold a rally during the same week.

I would imagine it is just the former (after all, Trump has no stamina ;) ); but, if he's (for example) planning to send a bunch of troops somewhere next week, then yeah, holding a rally might be a bad idea...

6. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Maybe someone in his staff has finally found a way to coerce him into doing his job instead of campaigning for 2020. Still, I wish the rally would cancel Trump instead of the other way around.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

That exactly crossed my mind. :oops:

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

My two possibilities are a bit different:

1) He's just an old tired "low energy" guy - at one point in Italy he had to be carted up the hill in a golf cart while the rest of the world leaders walked. After jetting around he probably doesn't want to be on a plane yet again. I don't blame him for that, I wouldn't want to either.

2) He and staff are worried about the Russian/Jarred thing now. This White House tends to hide and bunker down when confronted with bad news.

It's quite possible it could be a combo of both those reasons.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Like the OP, I saw this story and felt uneasy about the vagueness of why it was canceled.

With Trump, it could be almost anything. Maybe there's something good on TV that night.

10. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Theory: He's impetuous, old, and out of shape. He boarded Air Force for a final time this weekend, disgusted with the thought of future air travel (he's allegedly a poor traveler), and declared 'no more trips for a month.'

I hope it's jail, I fear it's simply fatigue. The man looks like ****.

11. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Those reasons make sense. Another one might be more practical: since he has a penchant for going off-script and purging his anxiety in ill-thought out ways, his attorneys (and "scandal war room") may have advised him that, at least until they have a better handle on some of his self-induced potential legal problems, he should avoid situations where he may commit the ultimate political gaffe: telling the his truth... in his inimitable way. That would also be consistent with his low profile over the last week. No interviews, few Tweets. Just sycophantic speeches in Saudi Arabia, blustery speeches to allies, photo-ops, the occasional shove....

#MakeAmericaGroanAgain

12. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Gee, Hillary took many foreign trips during her time as Secretary of State. I don't recall her showing evidence of exhaustion or lack of stamina.

Maybe that whole "Hillary is sick" stuff the Trump campaign put out wasn't true. I'm shocked.;)

13. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

probably just wants to go down to Mar-a-Lago to get in some golf and check out the new sink hole :D

14. darksithpro macrumors regular

He's 70 years old. Take your dad, or relative that 70 years old on a fast pace trip to ME and EU. When they come back they're gonna be exhausted.

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

But when Clinton goes all around the country she slips a couple of times and shes on her deathbed.

Get real man.

16. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Wait, hang on here, are you telling me that Donald Trump doesn't have the stamina to be president?

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

She passed the **** out and had to be dragged into a van. Let's be real.

18. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

And yet today, she looks a whole lot healthier than Trump does.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

She's rich and without a job, I'd look pretty ****ing energized too if I didn't have to do anything.

20. HEK Suspended

HEK

Exactly what is being said

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ok. Let's be real.

LINK to any MSM video where Clinton passed out and "had to be dragged into a van".

22. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

No, that actually did happen. Hillary Clinton was suffering from an untreated case of pneumonia, and it caught up to her at a 9/11 memorial.

Here's a video where she had to be helped into a van after that event.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You want real? Okay...Clinton testified before congress for 11 hours. Trump would crack under pressure long before that.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

She testified for that long because she had to unscramble another long list of lies she had told without landing in jail. A common theme for her.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump couldn't walk 700 yards... just posted the stamina thread.

He's tired. And he's likely going to start a war when he gets back to throw shade on the investigation.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2017 ---
    18698521_10155494448388900_8356470135532528492_n.jpg