Trump closing in on Clinton for number of days without a press conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mrkramer, Dec 15, 2016.

1. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

For how much he criticized Clinton for not having regular press conferences during the campaign Trump hasn't been holding many. Today marks 140 days since he gave one, and before too long he will be at the point where he started criticizing Clinton for the length of time without one. Just curious how our Trump supporters here who agreed with him on his criticism of Clinton feel about him doing the same thing?

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/15/50555...breaks-with-long-history-of-press-conferences

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

WHY are you guys so desperate? are you aware that he is busy building his cabinet, making deals with CO's to keep jobs here and the man has not even been confirmed? what do you expect out of a conference? guy is busy WORKING instead of just flapping his gums.

3. mrkramer thread starter macrumors 603

mrkramer

Obama had 18 press conferences as president elect, and Bush had 11. Presidents from both parties have been able to do it in the transition period, but somehow Trump can't find the time to do it and criticized Clinton during the campaign about not holding them.

4. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you miss the FACT cheeto hitler is WORKING instead of just flapping his enormous mouth. the clowns you mentioned NEED the media, trump? he can tweet what he wants and bypass the MSM giving them the proverbial middle finger.
    http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-uses-youtube-twitter-bypass-disempower-press/
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/bypassing-media-norms-trump-offers-challenges-newsrooms/

the MSM is one reason liberals lost, they told you guys everything you wanted to hear, how bad the mango messiah was going to lose and how much the polls adored Hillary.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

flapping his gums or flapping his thumbs?

7. RobinInOR macrumors 6502

RobinInOR

Nope. Doesn't bother me a bit. Because it isn't important to me. I'm getting as much information if not more between his tweets, his thank you tours, coverage on his cabinet picks, etc. At least all I need for the moment. Haven't seen the need for an official press corps announcement. I think he's also finding that out, for all we know he'll kick the press corp to the curb and do it differently. That's why he's there.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Why do you all support middle men? Trump talks TO the people NOT AT them.

Up coming events.

9. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I'm willing to wait until Trump has a chance to rearrange the seating for the MSM at the press conferences. Move Breitbart to the front row so they can keep FOXNews company, and put those FAKENews purveyors (NBC, CBS, ABC, and CNN) out in the hall.

10. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

And all the people who previously complained about Obama and Clinton will now say who needs press conferences they're just a waste of time blah blah blah. I heard Newt Gingrich said Trump should do away with the daily press briefings too. The hypocrisy is astounding.

11. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

^^ this. I just saw an interview with him on Fox whereby he came out and said he shut the door on the media 30 days before the election as all they were doing is looking for dirt. He went on to say that if he needs to direct anything to the people he will continue to do so directly and sees no need for the media.

to the OP'ers question, it's far different than when Hil liar y was actually hiding. Trump is far from hiding, as he's out on his thank you tour and blatantly continuing to call-out the media. He's hardly ever hid from them, he's just not going to ever cater to them.

Since when does the media need him to say anything or answer any questions for them to put out a bunch of BS that they are going to put out no matter what?

What he's doing is actually pretty smart. Let the media take a 144 character tweet and light up the world for him. He doesn't need to say a thing. What they spin as negative is built off nothing but his brief tweet and everyone knows it. When it comes to getting news out or questions answered, he doesn't need the main-stream media. There are plenty of of people he can tap to do so and not get treated like a jerk by. All the main streamers are doing is whining that they now have a POTUS who shuns them and proves he doesn't need them and is entirely in their face calling BS when it exists.

12. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

So you were just fine when Obama never had press conferences? Because conservative media certainly wasn't. Now anything to give the media the middle finger is A-OK. And childish things like trolling on Twitter are actively cheered on. Conservatives have turned into the liberals they despise.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

there you go fake news first. sorry your examples of fakes news got switched around but thats ok.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 15, 2016 ---
    so you know what the hell he is doing. it is not a business anymore now he is a public employee.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Not sure it was a big deal Hilary didn't. So why does it matter now for Trump?

Think we need to be consistent :).

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

[​IMG]
    "We President now."

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sports team politics is the worst :(.

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

That was tongue in cheek. Trump has been out there showing himself a lot. Just about each meeting with potential cabinet picks, the tech event he just had, hell the meet with Kanye.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I personally never gave a hoot about Obama as I think his policies are suck turds and thus any press conferences were meaningless to me. Just more dribble out of his mouth that means nothing.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

she is not the president and I heard the right constantly complain that she did not.
    well your judgment is slightly skewed right?

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thank God for that.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"I, I, I,.....The Police acted stupidly, If I had a Son. I, I, I, " ad nauseum

23. T-R-S macrumors regular

T-R-S

Trump doen't use press conferences he tweets @ 3:00 AM and then on Saturday he tries to watch SNL
    I never realized and how much extra time he has on hands....

24. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

No, I just personally don't care about press conferences from people who can't lead and were doing nothing in 8yrs but trying to turn our country into some social freeloading society that permis a man who thinks he's a woman to use the ladies room. Our country is / was seriously f-d up and needed to get put back on the rails. Thankfully we're heading towards that.

25. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

better thank the devil for trump.
    I know people want to get paid for work have insurance and all that silly stuff.