Trump compares himself to 9/11

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I've gotta admit, this is perhaps one of the most disgusting things I've heard out of Donald Trump's mouth yet. He's crowing about his TV ratings yet again, this time from an appearance on "Face the Nation". He's come up with an inventive new way to describe how totally awesome they are:

“It's the highest for 'Face the Nation' or as I call it, 'Deface the Nation,' " Trump told the AP's Julie Pace, referring to the CBS News Sunday political talk show. “It's the highest for 'Deface the Nation' since the World Trade Center — since the World Trade Center came down.”​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/04/24/trump-boasts-of-highest-tv-ratings-since-the-world-trade-center-came-down/?utm_term=.83cd5a8513a9

This guy has no boundaries.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
I've gotta admit, this is perhaps one of the most disgusting things I've heard out of Donald Trump's mouth yet. He's crowing about his TV ratings yet again, this time from an appearance on "Face the Nation". He's come up with an inventive new way to describe how totally awesome they are:

“It's the highest for 'Face the Nation' or as I call it, 'Deface the Nation,' " Trump told the AP's Julie Pace, referring to the CBS News Sunday political talk show. “It's the highest for 'Deface the Nation' since the World Trade Center — since the World Trade Center came down.”​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/04/24/trump-boasts-of-highest-tv-ratings-since-the-world-trade-center-came-down/?utm_term=.83cd5a8513a9

This guy has no boundaries.
But is what he said true?

Reactions: zin

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
To be honest, talking about what Trump "says" is boring and pointless. It's better to focus on what Trump does (or what he doesn't do, as is in most cases).

As far as I can see, he hasn't even come close to fulfilling any of his campaign promises except for paying lip service to a few via completely ineffective executive orders.

He hasn't pushed through a single piece of legislation. He has so far only stirred up foreign military tensions, putting us all in more danger. And all his proposals so far would be awful for the middle class. He does golf and eat chocolate cake a lot though. These are things we can talk about.

But Trump saying something idiotic is old news. Let us know when he manages to say something that isn't totally stupid.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I try to avoid personal jokes about the president, but man oh man am I going to make myself a big 'ol bowl of popcorn and watch late night tv tonight...

Reactions: steve knight

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
To be honest, talking about what Trump "says" is boring and pointless. It's better to focus on what Trump does (or what he doesn't do, as is in most cases).

As far as I can see, he hasn't even come close to fulfilling any of his campaign promises except for paying lip service to a few via completely ineffective executive orders.

He hasn't pushed through a single piece of legislation. He has so far only stirred up foreign military tensions, putting us all in more danger. And all his proposals so far would be awful for the middle class. He does golf and eat chocolate cake a lot though. These are things we can talk about.

But Trump saying something idiotic is old news. Let us know when he manages to say something that isn't totally stupid.
The bolded part doesn't bother me. The rest of it does, although I agree with you that Trump saying something stupid is not really news.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
He's disgusting as usual. But here's the part I don't get:

“It's the highest for 'Face the Nation' or as I call it, 'Deface the Nation,' " Trump told the AP's Julie Pace
1. Why a 70 year old man resorts to the immature name calling of a four year old
2. Why he appears on something if it is so bad (which it's not)?

These things don't make sense.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
This one doesn't bother me that much. It's simply a tasteless reference. It's pretty much the least asinine thing that trump has said in ages. Things are looking up for us all. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: BeeGood

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
I'm more chagrined about Trump's telling a wounded U.S. Army vet "congratulations" for earning a Purple Heart after the veteran, U.S. Sgt. 1st Class Alvaro Barrientos, was wounded in Afghanistan.

This is just the kind of misstep that would have had Republicans sharpening their knives a few months earlier, but now the shear fatuousness just floats along.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
Yeah, he doesn't have any boundaries. That's why when they go low, I go even lower. I warned a friend not to provoke me a few months ago but he didn't heed the warning. I made him cry as I demolished his so called republican principles.
I'm calling BS on this. I find it hard to believe you made a grown man cry.

Reactions: BoneDaddy

duffman9000

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I'm calling BS on this. I find it hard to believe you made a grown man cry.
Oh he wept and doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I warned him not to troll m because he didn't understand what he was dealing with. I will retaliate without mercy.

And I did. I used every and anything he has ever told me in friendly conversations. My favorite was the typical conservative line where "they made it on their own". Oh that was wonderful ammunition.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
<sigh>There used to be some class to the POTUS...and that's saying something after B.Clinton. Trumps ego is cashing checks that will bounce. Douche.<sigh>

Reactions: Eraserhead

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
But is what he said true?
And if it were, what would that be -- classy? Or the pitiful, chronic shouts of "LOOOOK AT MEEEEEE!" from an insecure man-child?

I'm more chagrined about Trump's telling a wounded U.S. Army vet "congratulations" for earning a Purple Heart after the veteran, U.S. Sgt. 1st Class Alvaro Barrientos, was wounded in Afghanistan.

This is just the kind of misstep that would have had Republicans sharpening their knives a few months earlier, but now the shear fatuousness just floats along.
Yeah, that "congrats" raised a lot of eyebrows around the internet. Another example of Donald being tactful. He has the best words, you know.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Oh he wept and doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I warned him not to troll m because he didn't understand what he was dealing with. I will retaliate without mercy.

And I did. I used every and anything he has ever told me in friendly conversations. My favorite was the typical conservative line where "they made it on their own". Oh that was wonderful ammunition.
You sound so kewl. Can we be e-friends now that you've pwned that other guy?
[doublepost=1493135626][/doublepost]
1. Why a 70 year old man resorts to the immature name calling of a four year old
2. Why he appears on something if it is so bad (which it's not)?

These things don't make sense.
Exactly.

This is what's so baffling about this thread. Trump, once again, gives us examples of his complete immaturity with childish name calling and obsessing over his own popularity...and we're trying to make some wild logical leaps to suggest he's comparing himself to 9/11? o_O

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
we're trying to make some wild logical leaps to suggest he's comparing himself to 9/11? o_O
Three thousand American citizens are murdered. Trump boasts that you'd need to do something even more spectacular than that to beat his ratings.

This is completely kosher to you? Seems to me like something a Hollywood bad-guy would say.