Trump congratulated the “white” number 2 pick of draft over the “black” number 1 pick

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dukebound85, Apr 27, 2019.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Pretty clear this is a tactic at this point, which whether he believes this garbage or not is irrelevant by now, the end result is the same. Really shows you how incremental change is in this country and how much further we have to go. Just remember, in the time since Trump was elected, a new wave of young voters will be able to vote for their first presidential election.

3. A.Goldberg, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019

A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

It probably has a lot more to do with Nick Bosa being a vocal Trump supporter and critic of Kaepernick than skin color. Trump loves people who give him praise and hates people that don’t. Trump strikes me as someone who only sees black and white when it comes to relationships (which is an extremely narcissistic trait).

I don’t have context here nor do I know Bosa but I’m not sure these are explicitly “racist” tweets... like the same way Ilhan Omars tweets weren’t explicitly anti-Semitic. If you don’t like Beyonce’s music or Black Panther you’re racist? What? Clown isn’t a slur for black people as far as I know, I thought it was applied to the Irish historically. Is it not possible to want racial equality while still thinking Kaepernicks methods were foolish?

Let’s also not forget Mr. Murray had more than one far more explicit homophobic tweet he had to apologize for.
    918EE12F-B64A-408D-A3E2-33CACC5606A9.jpeg
    5F2E94F8-269D-4938-83AE-F431B4286823.png
    7BBC9451-C6B5-4774-9BDB-63D779EA2D43.png
    01061824-E4A3-4EA4-96E3-C43E7A9BA433.jpeg

4. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Sounds like classic race baiting to me for the headlines. Take a news organizations favorite topics Trump & race, mix in a generous amount of taken out of context tweets: A recipe for sensational new story!

5. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

He likes Trump, so Trump likes him. We’ve seen this story before. Race didn’t play a factor in Trump’s tweet.

6. raqball macrumors 68000

In other news... Trump wore a white colored shirt the other day instead of the black one he also had in the closet... More evidence he is racist!

Some people just can't help themselves from seeing race in everything and anything...

7. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

8. raqball macrumors 68000

Obama is no longer the President of the United States.....

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

10. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

They would have said it was because the number one pick used negative slurs against gay people. He can’t win.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

really? source?

12. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

Twitter. See the third post.

13. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

9 times out of 10 this is what it comes down to. If this guy once said something nice about Trump then Trump likes him. This is what every foreign leader/tin pot dictator knows.

14. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Any one instance could be explained a way, but it’s the total picture. This in the same week he defends his Charlottesville comments. It’s a whole view. Why did he single out this guy? Isn’t it odd the guy with questionable tweets and social media also likes Trump, and Trump likes him back? Is it possible to not like Beyoncé? And think Black Panther is the worst marvel movie? And like a post that someone says they will use the n-word in? And on and on? This is a Trump guy, and Trump likes him and singles him out. He keeps getting a pass because you can apparently only be racist by saying so.

It’s the whole thing that’s the problem. There’s patterns, there’s a theme. At this rate, we’ll be arguing about whether the klan is a racist organization this time next year.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 27, 2019 ---
    Yeah, like Trump, hence his tweet this morning.

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

That might be because he's a racist in everything.

16. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

This isn’t about Nick Bosa, Nick Bosa being white, Kyler Murray being black or Nick Bosa being the second pick in the draft.

It’s about Nick Bosa being a Trump groupie. That’s it. If Kanye West had been the first pick in the draft, Trump would have congratulated him too. Trump is a child who needs to be liked by people.

17. raqball macrumors 68000

Sure if that's the racially divisive lens someone chooses to view the world through....

He might have also chosen to eat white rice instead of brown rice.. Racist!

18. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

No, he’s a racist not because of food or clothing, but by picking those accused of racism and defending them all the time. Lashes out against Kaeprnick, likes this guy though. Defends his lackies, has time to tweet about Jussie Smollett. How much did he discuss the Waffle House shootings? Pardons Arpaio, hires Stephen Miller, on and on. It’s not any single one of these incidents, it’s the whole.

19. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

He singled out this guy because the media did. The guy likes Trump so will say he’s the greatest football player ever. If this guy changes his tune when he gets to San Fran, Trump will say something negative about him.

I won’t be arguing if the klan is racist, lol. I also don’t think that 95% of Americans will either. Twitter is not real life or indicative of the majority.

It’s appropriate to call Trump out when he does and says abhorrent things. He does it often enough and it amazes me that the media and others cling to these types of issues to focus on.

I’m a conservative and I don’t even like Trump. I like some of his policies and disagree with some as well. I didn’t vote for him in 16. I’d like to think I’m fairly sensible, but the constant Trump hate seems over the top to me. I find myself wanting to vote for him in 2020. I’m not sure if it is because the framing of everything he does is always spun in the direction of painting him in the worst light. Or, if it’s the Democrats going so far left I no longer consider myself financially conservative and socially liberal. Maybe it’s both...

20. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

He singled out this guy because he crosses off the typical Trump-marks; has nothing to do with his job, is against what he stands for (certainly a guy like Trump would want number one, not some number two “loser”), likes him, has insulted numerous black peoples via proxy...

Typical Trump fashion.

Though, Nelly - a black rapper - said “two is not a winner and three nobody remembers”. So Trump May have heard that song too. Funnily enough, Trump is referenced in that song.

Since he came in second in a fashion, he may have changed his walnut. AKA mind.

21. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

Typical pathetic attempt to imply that things Trump does are as simple as eating white or brown rice or wearing a white or black shirt.

You’re seriously not going to go on record and say Trump isn’t racist, are you? With the massive amount of material we have on him and his family for the last 50 years?

Must be nice to ignore all that evidence.

Trump might have congratulated Bosa because he’s white. Or maybe because he likes the guy. Or maybe because he has said nice things about Trump. It’s all irrelevant. Whatever reason Trump has, he’s still a racist POtuS.

22. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

Err ...

[​IMG]?

I think he's implying that the left wing will find a reason to complain about Trump regardless, and uses an extremely exaggerated example such as eating white rice over brown rice to poke fun at this. It's kinda like the discussion earlier up in this thread, where someone mentioned that if Trump congratulated the "black" number 1 pick, he would have been called out for doing that as well because of number 1's past.

23. raqball, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019

raqball macrumors 68000

Bingo!

I breezed on past the other persons post because I'd already reached my allotted 'take veiled insults' threshold for the week..

I thought it was pretty clear but hey, wad dew I know...

My exaggerated example can be easily solved when people stop constantly accusing everyone of being a racist (or insert other taking point word) without facts....

Constantly shouting racist over everything and anything is exactly why exaggerated example statements like mine are made..

24. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Nice gif. I got the joke. So useless.

I didn’t literally imply from his posts that his choice of shirt colors or rice was evidence of anything. Christ...
    --- Post Merged, Apr 28, 2019 ---
    You know well that I didn’t imply what the other poster did....

25. raqball macrumors 68000

Yes indeed... My response was towards the other posters comments and not yours..