Trump continues his pattern of bold face lying with claims about Ford plant

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by R.Perez, Nov 18, 2016.

1. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Trump takes credit for saving Ford factory that was not closing - The Guardian

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Have already had 2 people here at work bring this up. I told them to google, because he's taking credit for something that had already been decided.

One of those was my boss (so I can't exactly push), who said we can "agree to disagree".

Gonna be a long 4 years!

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I feel sorry for you. I've been lucky enough to avoid working with imbeciles.

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

No where in that article does it say Trump took credit.

He said he worked hard with Ford to make this be this way.

They have been arguing about it back and forth for a year now?

Where exactly did he say that?

The message is about bringing jobs back, showing examples of it.

More intelectual dishonesty I see.

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

He tweeted 'plant' instead of 'line'...

6. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

This plant was never moving out of Kentucky. So I don't know what "bringing back jobs" you're referring to. What evidence do we have that Trump worked hard with Ford on anything? All we have is his word and we know he's notorious for exaggerating and lying.

Honestly does anyone really believe Ford was planning to move an entire manufacturing plant to Mexico but within a week or so of Trump being elected decided to reverse course? It's like that stupid brining iPhone manufacturing to USA story. Gullible Trump supporters actually believe it and think he's responsible for it. He really is Jim Jones and his supporters really are drunk on the kool-aid.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What jobs were "brought back" here? The jobs were never sent away to begin with in this example.

Seriously, what color is the sky in your world?

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This is Trump's MO. Favors for loyalists and vengeance against the opposition.

I'd prefer a president who can make cold, calculated decisions based on something more than that.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    Whatever color Trump says it is.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

LOL. The only person in here being intellectually dishonest is you. More fake news the Trumpets eat up.

10. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

They were going to move production of the Lincoln MKC to Mexico. Now they aren't. Arguing symantics is ridiculous. They said no jobs would have been lost due to increase in escape production but they would have lost the increase in jobs possible due to the increase.

11. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Where did Trump ever say the plant is moving out of Kentucky? He said they are staying there. And they are.

[​IMG]

Where did Trump ever say they are leaving Kentucky?

He's been making a big deal out of this for awhile now:

"Ford has been locked in a year-long feud with Trump over plans to move production south of the border. The president-elect wants to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement and has called for a 35% tariff on goods shipped from Mexico in an effort to preserve US manufacturing jobs.

Ford has attracted Trump’s ire over plans to shift small-car production from suburban Detroit to Mexico to improve profitability of the lower-priced cars. As well threatening tariffs, during his presidential campaign the Republican candidate said he would not allow Ford to open a new plant in Mexico."

Its just another symbolic message.

Didn't you pay attention to his campaign?

A big part of his thesis is making America rich again and discouraging businesses to manufacture outside of the country.

How does this not fit that narrative?

Do you understand the energy he's trying to put out there?

Jobs in USA - No Mexico.

The message is simple. No where did he say anything more than that.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

From what I understand, business decisions are no made based on "energy."

13. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

The point is he has been pushing this topic with Ford for one year now.

Nobody knows exactly how much influence he had, if he claims influence, there is no way to disprove it.

He was on the phone with Ford CEO about this for a long time: fact.

The OP article tries to claim that he didnt have influence. Based on the claim of one person vs the other lol.

Somehow they know all the conversations he DIDNT have for sure.

Considering the point is to advertise the concept "brining back jobs" first and foremost and the details are irrelevant anyway, this is an intellectually dishonest criticism.

BRB dozens of people working on the decision as a group, but you can single out a single person who DIDNT have influence right? Even though he was heavily involved and a public and private level.

How sad of a criticism is this? lol

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I think there will be a lot of escape production once Trump is swarn in.

15. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

You're delusional. Trump said he worked hard with Ford to keep the plant in Kentucky. Except the plant was never leaving Kentucky. Trump is taking credit for stopping something that was never going to happen in the first place. Do you have any quotes from any executive at Ford confirming that they worked with Trump on anything? Why would forward or any other company be working with a presidential candidate to begin with? Someonr running for president doesn't have the power to do squat.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Trump tweets ********.
    Media reports it without corroboration
    Spreads like a wildfire
    Media updates story next morning and the damage is done.
    Media let's us down, again.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And here trump is blaming the media for everything. He should be praising them for all the free press.

18. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

How do you know that???

Why would he advocate so loudly about something that was "never gonna happen"

So once again we are acting like Trump doesnt have influence.

Most powerful man on earth now, still doesnt have influence.

Published the Art of the Deal but doesnt know how to make deals.

Became President, isnt actually president.

OK.... lolllll

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump would argue with a brick wall if it got him publicity.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I do wonder whether we should force people to sign a statement accepting certain truths to vote.

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I may have missed it. What are we basing this fact on?

22. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I think now we are getting to the meat of the issue.

People projecting onto Trump what they think he is like because they dont like people of his type. (usually due to low self esteem)

In the minds of the critics, this is just another "character flaw" they are projecting onto Trump, putting him in the same mental bracket as scum bag steve memes.

This is just an elaborate scum bag steve meme except the plot details dont add up.

But they are close enough so we will just assume the worst.

Herop derp that sounds like something he would do so he must be making it up.

just lol

Like as if those egomaniacs at Ford dont want to be "top" egomaniacs and want to seem like they have all the say, not some outsider. What is their motive to say something, like "yeah Trump influenced us a heck of lot with trying to find ways to stay in USA"

Nobody would ever say that why would they?

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

...your screenshot, verbatim.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

My self esteem is fine. I don't need to flaunt my money or announce how great I am. Remind you of anyone.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Awful lotta projecting going on here.

How does that make you feel?