Trump covers all bases

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Aug 19, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Ok, it is starting to get tougher to tell exactly what Trump is thinking. Or, perhaps he doesn't think at all... He tweeted out some stuff during and after the far-right "rally" today in Boston. First, this:

Screenshot from 2017-08-19 18-59-11.png Screenshot from 2017-08-19 18-59-23.png

Which is, basically, what he has been saying all week: the protesters are all at fault here. Then, a little later, he pivots, and starts saying something different:

Screenshot from 2017-08-19 18-59-40.png

Hmm. Where did this thought come from? All he talked about last week, in terms of what the folks in the streets were standing up for, was statues. Exactly what sort of division is he seeing now? Exactly how does he intend for the country to "heal"?

Screenshot from 2017-08-19 18-59-54.png

And now, this is bizarre. He was calling these people the "alt-left" last week. He was calling them anti-police agitators just a few minutes ago in a previous tweet. Now he's calling them protesters "speaking out against bigotry and hate"? These people haven't changed over the last week; they were the same protesters as in Charlottesville.

I'm not sure exactly what's going on inside Trump's head right now...

2. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I would think that many of those protesters are protesting Trump but no-one told him. Maybe he needs a special Anti-Trump day all to himself.

3. Zenithal Suspended

A throwback to one of my favorite movies, Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
    [​IMG]

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

5. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

[Amount redacted] crushed Xanax delivered orally and secretly in two liters of Coke (actually they pour Diet Coke into his Coke bottles these days). Also, on Bannon's last day, he taught Trump how do do that... y'know, thing... that Mooch mentioned. *cough* Auto-fellatio *cough*.