Trump defenders are now big Saudi Arabia fans

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Interesting that big Trump boosters are now resorting to smearing Jamal Khashoggi to protect Trump from criticism of how the administration is handling this situation. Apparently now it’s important to be buddy buddy with Saudi Arabia and geopolitics matter. I could see where someone like John Bolton is pushing to tread carefully thinking we need Saudi Arabia to fight off Iran. But Trump? Please. He doesn’t know the first thing about geopolitics. Someone told him there’s an arms deal on the table and attached a big shiny dollar figure to it and that’s what he’s obsessed about. All he knows is big money “deals”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...e8-b2d2-f397227b43f0_story.html?noredirect=on

2. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

3. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Of course because Israel and AIPAC hope that this new leader will do or start the dirty work for them with Iran so if they can supply him with enough weapons he may pull the trigger for them. What a wonderful new Prince we have. Provide,provoke and incite.. They have been waiting for a long time for a person like him to come along. Over the previous years Saudis have always opted to stay out of wars and trouble until this MBS came along.

4. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    When I read through a few articles on this and watched via the news, I came away from this more of a "Let's not go crazy. Let's find out what really happened and then design a response." What else I have started seeing is the number of businesses that have pulled back from SA interaction, maybe only short term. This will definitely impact SA irrespective of the outcome.
    Still, I wonder if we will see all the info on this.

5. raqball macrumors 68000

What I find odd is that Pompeo has not, and did not, listen to the alleged recording nor did he even read a transcript of it.. Far more to this than meets the eye... You'd figure, if Turkey really had a recording, that would have been one of the 1st things Pompeo would do, listen to it!

Odd... Not sure how this will play out but I don't trust Turkey or Saudi Arabia in this...

6. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Probably has something to do with whatever voodoo was cast during that creepy orb séance a while ago.

[​IMG]

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Dude in the center has an "Oh Crap!" look on his face ...

8. raqball macrumors 68000

I though liberals were against mocking other cultures? Guess not eh?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/world/middleeast/trump-glowing-orb-saudi.html

*snip*

The real meaning of the sphere had little to do with the occult.

The occasion was the opening of a new Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology, based in Riyadh, and the orb was in fact a translucent globe, with the world’s waters represented in light gray and the continents in black. Its purpose appeared to be decorative.

Just because some chose to act like children over the image does not make it voodoo that was cast during that creepy orb séance..

9. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

The Turks say he did hear it. Pompeo denies it. Given the history of lying about everything in the Trump administration, I am inclined to believe the Turks. Pompeo is under orders from Trump to preserve the arms deal, probably at all costs. Anyone who takes anything from the Trump regime at face value is going to be severely disappointed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...rder-jamal-khashoggi-source/story?id=58595725

10. raqball macrumors 68000

They do not.. Fake news from ABC, sorry you believed it..

11. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Right. Like we haven't heard that before from the Trumpkins. Everything is fake news in Trump World.

12. raqball macrumors 68000

You might wanna put your google foo to practice next time before believing fake ABC news is all I am saying.. Do as you please though...

13. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

I have. All I see from Pompeo is a denial. Doesn't change the fact that liars are gonna lie. We'll just have to wait and see what the truth is, but I'm not really inclined to believe anyone in Trumpland.

14. raqball macrumors 68000

15. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Well, I’m not a liberal so I guess I’m not against mocking things that look odd.

And rubbing on a translucent, glowing ball has nothing to do with Saudi culture, so you can cut that nonsense out. Your quote explains what it was about, and that explanation doesn’t eliminate the fact that it looked creepy . I honestly don’t care who was up there rubbing on that thing, but I suspect that if it were Obama or Clinton, you’d probably feel differently.

16. raqball macrumors 68000

If that's what the Saudi's chose to do and a president participated during a visit then why mock him for it? You'd have been happier if he snubbed them? Man TDS is strong in some....

17. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Aw, I’m sorry that mocking Trump for doing something that clearly looks weird upsets you so much.

If you can’t admit that it looked a little odd, then I think that you probably want to get yourself checked out for TDS.

18. raqball macrumors 68000

Who said it upsets me? I get a kick out of TDS.. Pure entertainment...

19. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Well you sure didn’t waste any time jumping in there to knight for your hero, posting links to the “fake news, failing New York Times” to do so even.

But I believe you, glad you’re enjoying yourself. :)

20. raqball, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

Who is my hero?

Thanks, I am! Makes for entertaining reading throughout the day.. I watch MSNBC when I really want to see TDS in full effect! :D

But back on topic... I don't trust Turkey or Saudi Arabia in this, at all... I maybe give Turkey a bit more credibility at the moment unless their claimed recording turns out to be bogus..

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The Saudis are going to hang a member of the government out to dry, blaming him for a "rogue" assassination after their "investigation" in order to protect the crown prince. The Trumpsters will be relieved that they don't have to do anything, and the arms deal will continue, along with the disastrous war in Yemen.

That's Trump's administration in a nutshell.

22. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

That's not unlikely, as that is what Trump suggested for them early on. Reports are that the King has pared down the Princes powers due to this. While I doubt it will happen, the king could actually hang the Prince out to to dry.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Looks like the scapegoat is Ahmed al-Assiri, the deputy head of Saudi intelligence.

24. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Considering their situation at home, I would be surprised if anything public happens to the prince.
    Behind the scene .... ? ;)

25. raqball macrumors 68000

I'd say this is very probable... Tried, convicted and beheaded before anyone else can speak to him...

As far as the arms sale, let it go on and address the issue elsewhere. If they don't buy from us then the Russians, or someone else, will be waiting with open arms (pun intended) to take their cash....